Everyone Should Also Make This

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an extract recipe the OP's looks pretty damn nice. It's a shame the thread has been ruined.

hahaha you guys crack me up

honestly how boring would an internet forum be if stuff like this never happened?

my next thread will be entitled: "If you refuse to make this brew, I will hunt you down" or "this is a terrible brew, I urge nobody to try it out" :lol:

I'm off to start a thread called 'bum should eat a cock' - with a recipe for a cracking IIPA.

Thats funny,
But seriuosly I think of Niell when I see a title as such - and it doesnt bother me. I didnt take it literally. It's like his MO.
mckenry

should be called 'Neil's Controversial Ale'. Think I might have to make it just because of the conundrum it's caused.

[...] so we can all be as formal as you with our topics.
[...] ensure you are 'happy' with the contents [...]
<sigh> I can only state once more that I was not commenting on the formality nor the content - just the uselessness.

@harlem - your search for 'best recipe' would clearly miss this gem. However if it were titled 'LCPA - best recipe yet!' you would find it. Thank you for providing your own example of why this is a useless title.

You know, if all you people who are posting 'why did you have to post that' just shut up and let my criticism remain addressed to the OP, this thread would never have been derailed at all. But, alas, you all have to add your own two cents and complain that other people are adding their two cents, ad nauseam .

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

-- Winston Churchill

Thats funny,
But seriuosly I think of Niell when I see a title as such - and it doesnt bother me. I didnt take it literally. It's like his MO.
mckenry
C'mon, the guy's MacGuyver, fer gawd sakes. He can brew an awesome beer using 3kg of extract, 4 paperclips and a roll of stickytape :D

Neill, you coming along to the next case swap? Where the hell you been for the last 2?

damn i should come to the next one - when is it? that was a good arvo of drinking!

hold on i'll see if i can find a thread

edit: ah bugger i'm busy that weekend. i'll try and bring one of these brews to the next one!

hahaha you guys crack me up

honestly how boring would an internet forum be if stuff like this never happened?

my next thread will be entitled: "If you refuse to make this brew, I will hunt you down" or "this is a terrible brew, I urge nobody to try it out" :lol:
Honestly, how would you abbreviate that for the bottle caps? you just can't!

As a noobie,
I think your last two recipes sound great, and are a great help to people like me noobs.
set out easily and easy to understand. the first one will probably be one of my next brews after reading
HOW TO BREW which I just picked up. great work.

If you have nothing nice to say..................
especialy about stuff that helps others who might not be in the know.

<sigh> I can only state once more that I was not commenting on the formality nor the content - just the uselessness.

@harlem - your search for 'best recipe' would clearly miss this gem. However if it were titled 'LCPA - best recipe yet!' you would find it. Thank you for providing your own example of why this is a useless title.

You know, if all you people who are posting 'why did you have to post that' just shut up and let my criticism remain addressed to the OP, this thread would never have been derailed at all. But, alas, you all have to add your own two cents and complain that other people are adding their two cents, ad nauseam .

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

-- Winston Churchill

Your main point seems to be that the title could be more descriptive, which would also make it easier to find when doing searches.
Most people would probably agree.

Unfortunately your original post does not directly make this point - it contains a bit of a rant along the lines of "why should we all make this" and a bit of a prejudgement about the recipe itself. This is probably why your post irked people and your main point has been lost.

Criticism is most useful when it is constructive. Hopefully as your willing to dole out criticism you'll also be willing to accept others constructive criticism.

What sort of hop flavour and aroma are you getting from this one Neill? Anyway of describing it?
How do you rate controversial against centenarillo, do you have a favourite of the two?

meh, . . just looks like tony's but instead of adding at 20 and 0 you added it at 15, 10 and 5, shameless plagierism, :icon_offtopic: IIRC the last recipe looks exatcly like the one at mr malty's too. on the plus side the thread did provide some witty repartee :icon_cheers:

I think Neill gave this thread the title 'Everybody Should Also Make This', not because he believes that it's an out-of-this-world brew, but in order to keep a few of you 'nit-picking' bastards occupied for a half-day instead of ruining top quality forums.

I can't speak on behalf of the majority, but I'm quite certain that a few K&K brewers will see a title such as 'Everybody Should Also Make This' in big, bold, yellow text and follow the link to see a straight forward recipe, which will suit the tastes of people who enjoy LCBA!

Perhaps if Neill were to add the recipe to the database, he could rename it appropriately, and therefore make it easier to discover in a search.

looks like i won't be sharing any more recipes then if you guys would prefer to save the server space. should i go and delete my other thread as well to save you all the ardous task of reading threads that aren't of intense interest to you all?

Lodan: it's like LCBA but much more hop flavour/aroma in my opinion, especially if you drink it fresh. the body is different obviously with wheat in it, i have made about 6 different versions of this type of brew and this one has just hit the perfect mark. the hop combination originally came from Tony's thread which I saw on here, then i fiddled with the amounts until I liked it the most. it's a cracker, and i reckon it's just as good as the centenarillo, but not better!

meh, . . just looks like tony's but instead of adding at 20 and 0 you added it at 15, 10 and 5, shameless plagierism, :icon_offtopic: IIRC the last recipe looks exatcly like the one at mr malty's too. on the plus side the thread did provide some witty repartee :icon_cheers:

Now I understand why your avatar is a Cock.

Still yet to hear a good reason why you should be having a debate about someone recommending a recipe they made and liked.

Eat a cock.

love it bum
sav :super:

As an ager Neil it looks good to me mate and if you want to share good on ya.

I will give this to a mate at work who has started dry hopping kits and he thinks they are the shit so I want him to get the steep grain idea cheers sava

Don't worry mate I was there too, I wanted recipes like this when I was doing kits, Keep it up

sav

Thanks for the feedback Neill.
I'll be bottling your centenarillo on the wkd and will add this one to my list of brews to do :icon_cheers:

Back