Esb Porter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crusher,

I went into the HBS today. The guy I spoke to said that he only started his a few days ago like me, so he wasn't too sure. He said if you are really concerned maybe you can give Matt a ring at ESB and see what he thinks.

He said you shouldn't be too concerned, just bottle it and expect a fuller beer. 1.022 seems a little high to me, but hey if it ain't dropping, it ain'y dropping.

I think it was Jovial Monk who a few posts back suggested rocking the container a little to see if that gives you a little more activity.

Maybe we can swap a bottle or two in a few months and see how they compare. I'd really advise you using SAFALE though.

I primed the SAFALE and the kit yeast that came with the Porter at the same time (in different jugs). After 30mins the SAFALE was starting to climb out of the jug, but there was no noticeable activity in the kit yeast (I used it when I primed my lager, as I was a bit worried about it bottle carbonating...another story).

Latest posts

Back