Esb Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houso

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just made a ESB Draught last night and it appears a little dark,is that normal??
From what this forum has told me the ESB Draught is maybe the closest to Carlton Draught.I not too concerned aboiut the colour just need some feedback i guess.
Thanks Guys. :chug: :chug:

Often the colour of an all extract brew can be a bit darker than you expect. The kits that are the lightest colour are the blonde style, and they often lack much depth of flavour.

The 3kg ESB kits are always good quality, you have certainly started using the good stuff.

Houso,

Considerable darkening inevitably occurs during production of kits (slow cooling?). Shouldnt affect the flavour though so all is good.

cheers

Darren

Houso,

I just kegged a 3kg ESB Aussie draught yesterday, and it was quite light in colour, though as I recall it seemed a little darker going into the fermenter (only topped up to 19Ltrs). Quite impressed with this so far as a kit beer.
Give it some time, and see how its colour develops once finished, and the yeast has settled out.

Cheers,
Hutch.

Houso - bad news is it wont taste like Carlton draught, good news is it will taste better. It will be similar in style also.

Chin, Chin

KIR.

Mad, if it tastes better than Carlton Im in Big Trouble :chug: :chug:

Best results at the 3 month mark, which should coincide with the heat of summer. Vampire it (IE no sunlight on the bottles) and don't tell your mates about it :D

Best results at the 3 month mark, which should coincide with the heat of summer. Vampire it (IE no sunlight on the bottles) and don't tell your mates about it :D

AND, get another batch of something down PRONTO!

If you are comfortable with them, you can do far worse than cutting your brewing teeth on ESB paint tins.

The APA is a winner! :chug:

Festa

Fill in the 3 months with kit wheat beers. Quick turnover and easy drinking.
You'll find it easy to forget the ESB Draught for 3 months, IMHO.

Seth :p

Festa's another kit pronto may assist you with that. Ie build up a beer mountain. BUT in the short term easier said than done.

These days I can buy some beer while I age my HB, but that wasn't feasible when I was a poor student. With the Perth weather warming up, I've been getting cartoons of Hollandia for $28 while I age some of my ESB Bav Lager.

Cool change tonight so I will be supping some of my HB English Bitter tonight.

Latest posts

Back