• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Eoi: Perth - 1 Wine Barrel & 2 Steel Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny_Tim

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought this large wine barrel from an Italian home wine maker, about 1 year ago. I think it's a 220L, but don't quote me on that, it's bloody big anyway. He had been using it for many years as a maturing vessel, so I would assume it is now fairly neutral in terms of the oak character. My plan had been to purge it and start a wild 'solera' project, something like a Lambic or Flanders style, but I no longer have the space, and I will soon be going away for an extended time. It is French oak 'Saury' brand, and has been used exclusively for red wine. Just wondering if any brewers think they might be able to find a use for it. Looking for $100. Located in Woodlands, WA.

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

I also have a couple of steel kegs, bought from the same person. From what I gather he got them from a wine making supply store, so they are legit. They have been used for wine, as fermentation vessels. They have stainless screw in lids and ball lock connectors on the top, but they don't have spears inside, and I don't know whether the ball lock valves would work, as they look quite old. One of the two is missing a ball lock on the outlet. I'm not sure what would be involved in converting them to functional beer kegs. I'd take $50 for each.

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1212.JPG

If only I was closer, these are bargains!

I assume the kegs are the 18 gal / 82L ones. If so even if they are not worth putting back into service, although from the pic they look like they would be good to use, you can use them for brew vessels. I'm using one as my HLT.

QldKev

That was quick! Thanks for all the interest in the steel kegs, they have now been sold.

Wine barrel is still up for grabs.

... and there was all that whining about the deals always being too far away for them..

:ph34r:

BUMP
The wine barrel is going up on Gumtree this week.

IMG_1242.jpg

Back