EOI - Brewha Equipment Co. Combined Shipping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking around at conical fermenters and came across Brewha over in the US.

They make some amazing looking gear, and have a very innovative approach to an all-in-one brewing system.

The unit I am specifically interested in is this:
http://brewha.co/products/biac-package

Mashing, boiling, chilling and fermentation in one vessel with temp control!

The guys at Brewha say they could fit 3 of the 76L units on a pallet, so looking to see if I can find 2 other buyers to share shipping costs. If it is popular then maybe we can negotiate on more than one pallet and a volume discount, but that is not the goal initially.

I am based in Newcastle, and due to the size of these it is probably best if you are within driving distance for pickup to avoid additional shipping costs.

Just waiting for a quote on the shipping for the pallet at the moment, so not sure what the final cost will be exactly. Will also need to take duty and insurance into account.

If you are keen, please send me a PM and I'll keep you updated on progress.

Cheers,
Joel

Damn. That looks sweet. If it is as good as they say it is, I'll seriously consider investing in one.

Need to do some more research. Probably can't afford one until at least next year. Good luck with the bulk buy.

Fancy looking setup but pricey,many home brewing rigs coming out forsale these days but as per usual never buy the first model,hang back and wait for the next ,as it will have some of the initial problems sorted.
Not having a go ,but thanks for sharing.
Cheers...spog...

MAX POWER said:
Damn. That looks sweet. If it is as good as they say it is, I'll seriously consider investing in one.

Need to do some more research. Probably can't afford one until at least next year. Good luck with the bulk buy.
Who knows how long this process might actually take. Next year is not that far away… ;)

Please let me know your thoughts after you have had a chance to read up a bit more.

spog said:
Fancy looking setup but pricey,many home brewing rigs coming out forsale these days but as per usual never buy the first model,hang back and wait for the next ,as it will have some of the initial problems sorted.
Not having a go ,but thanks for sharing.
Cheers...spog...
Good point on it being a fairly new product. Had not considered that.

As far as cost goes, seems like a reasonable step up from a Braumeister given that you also get a jacketed conical fermenter.

I don't get to brew enough lately due to having young kids, so anything that will save me time is worth considering.

Cheers,
Joel

brewbie said:
Just waiting for a quote on the shipping for the pallet at the moment, so not sure what the final cost will be exactly. Will also need to take duty and insurance into account.[
Shipping will be expensive. Maybe add on 25%.

Along with currency conversion and possible duties, you will also get hit with 10%GST.

I like that hop basket here

Probably a bit off topic but that system has more hoses that the "Rotolactor"

Hey guys,

Costs for shipping have come back. The nearest port to me is Sydney, so that is where they would land and have to be picked up.

1 x BIAC system = $560 US
3 x BIAC systems = $810 US

Insurance = $50

These are estimates pending an exact bill of materials for the order.

We can mix and match gear, and the 3-in-1s are a lot cheaper if you have a mash tun already and happy to keep it. I am in 2 minds on that at the moment.

GST (10%) and foreign exchange charges will definitely apply if this goes ahead, but not sure about duty yet. The Aus/US free trade agreement must be good for something right!

Cheers,
Joel

Hey mate,

Are these manufactured in the US? I didn't see any info on their site, and the videos I watched were Canadian

[insert quote from above post that smartypants edited, basically saying that free trade agreement only covers up to $999.99 and then GST hits]

Free trade affects duty, not GST.

Goods produced in the US from materials sourced in the US fall under the free trade agreement and generally attract no duty, with exceptions.

MAX POWER said:
Hey mate,

Are these manufactured in the US? I didn't see any info on their site, and the videos I watched were Canadian
Hmm, maybe not... I'll ask.

@Florian
Withdrawn... :)

brewbie said:
Yes, understand this. That is why I said that GST is guaranteed to be applied ;)
Wasn't aimed at you. Aimed at blair who has since edited his post in embarrassment...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some bits of info I've come across while researching this gear.
  • The complete BIAC system includes everything that is needed in one package, but the 3-in-1 jacketed conical does not. To make it comparable you would need to add a heating element, temp controller, jacket valve assembly, pump and hoses.
  • The mash colander can be purchased separately as well, so you could just buy the stainless parts of the BIAC and then add electrical components sourced locally.
  • The 5500W heating element needs a 30Amp outlet, which may be a showstopper depending on how much it costs to fit one and whether or not your stove outlet can be used.
  • All forums I have read seem to have positive comments from owners in terms of how well the gear lived up to expectations. Some report reduced extract efficiency (approx 75-80%) compared to conventional 3 vessel systems, though this is more than made up for in reduced brew time and probably less wastage during transfer from the kettle post boil. Time is my most valuable resource at the moment anyway, so a few extra dollars spent on grain doesn't bother me too much.
  • Shipping over land for these in North America can cost $400+, so the estimate for delivery via sea is pretty reasonable really.
Based on the above I am thinking that buying the 3-in-1 unit plus colander and hoses with fittings might be the way to go initially. I already have a march pump, and will be having a chat to my electrician about 30A outlets shortly.

Cheers,
Joel

MAX POWER said:
Hey mate,

I believe they are Chinese built, yes.

Isn't everything these days?

brewbie said:
will be having a chat to my electrician about 30A outlets shortly.

Cheers,
Joel
I've recently installed a 32A outlet for my setup, and funnily enough did a few for work recently and came across these:

http://www.cableloc.com.au/p-2094-voltex-switched-socket-outlets-ip56-250v-32a-3-round-pins-double-pole.aspx

That price is a shitload cheaper than what your sparky would charge if he just gets the standard clipsal job from their wholesaler.

Naturally you'll need a 32A plug too.

Florian said:
Wasn't aimed at you. Aimed at blair who has since edited his post in embarrassment...
Yep reread the OP aknoledging there would be gst after i posted. I read the post incorrectly :unsure:

jlm said:
I've recently installed a 32A outlet for my setup, and funnily enough did a few for work recently and came across these:

http://www.cableloc.com.au/p-2094-voltex-switched-socket-outlets-ip56-250v-32a-3-round-pins-double-pole.aspx

That price is a shitload cheaper than what your sparky would charge if he just gets the standard clipsal job from their wholesaler.

Naturally you'll need a 32A plug too.
Thanks for the tip mate.

Any idea what sort of cost I should expect to have a 32A outlet installed?

Florian said:
[insert quote from above post that smartypants edited, basically saying that free trade agreement only covers up to $999.99 and then GST hits]

Free trade affects duty, not GST.

Goods produced in the US from materials sourced in the US fall under the free trade agreement and generally attract no duty, with exceptions.
No what I said was "Ha, as if" in relation to something good coming from the freetrade agreement with the US (not worth the paper it's written on), and "10% GST kicks in at $999.99". Then I reread the the post that I quoted from the OP and he already stated he was aware of the GST it would attract so I edited my post.

Record Straight!

Back