• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Electrician/refrigeration mechanic.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBaron84

Reaction score
Hi every one! New to the site and home brewing. Have noticed some guys doing diy constructs involving refrigeration controllers heating cooling etc. This led me to realise that my skills cross into my new chosen hobby and I would like to offer my service in exchange for tasty brews and brewing knowledge. Am located in Perth. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to brewing.
I am also in perth and if your on fb join up" perth home brew share " if your not already

On that one mate thanks tho! One thing I've noticed about brewing forums thus far is the amount everyone is willing to help and the lack of people ripping into people which is great. I'm also into fishing and there's heaps of that rubbish going on in fishing forums.

Welcome mate.
Where are you based?

Hey, welcome to the hobby and the site! You'll love the enginuity of some of the people 'round here.

Quick question, if my fermenting fridge is struggling to get 25 L of beer down to 0 C when ambient is ~25 C, should I be looking for a new fridge because it's is on the way out?

Thanks fellas that little glycol chiller was great! I love that kind of stuff is amazing what people come up with when they have the motivation and what better motivation than beer.

Unfortunately verysupple, probably. Sounds like your fridge has lost its charge although what temp is it getting to? Is it coming down at all? Can u hear the compressor running? It may just be your thermostat/controller so check that first. If running an add on digital controller with a probe check your probe location and check that the relay inside your controller is clicking on and off.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425783125.409794.jpg

Haha just a tafe project from the early days. Tho the principle could be used to chill fermenters. Set up a condensing unit then run multiple Evap coils around to your desired fermenter size so they can be slid in and out. If you had a multiple input controller like a carel ir33 with multiple outputs, each fermenter could be kept at different temps with its own sensor and a liquid line solenoid for control. The possibilities are endless!

Great idea you could even just use several stc 1000 controllers an ir33 is fairly pricey with a lot of parameters not realy necessary. I like the build though a bigger one wrapped around a keg or a cask for a party would be great

I regularly catch up with a commercial fridgee, drives an EJ, likes beer, fellow tradesman, Straight shooter.

If only we put our heads together....as tradesman....

If my boss didnt drop in every now and then for a beer i would have a carel controlling everything in my house.

Got bulk secondhand controllers mate as we do a lot of refits and I always keep them. Mostly danfoss and dixel.

Back