Efficiency

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Sammus, you would have to be some freaky maths nut to care about all those things.
Go have a beer, mate!
:D

Well.. I should be working... but maybe I'll stick the HLT on to heat up for my rauchkolsch and pour myself a beer.. .hmm.. oh yeah, welcome back!

Thanks for the awesome information guys. My head hurts..................

aches :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the awesome information guys. My head hurts..................

aches :icon_cheers:

As it should Achy!

The errors in software as Jayse and others have pointed out are ridiculous. It makes it very hard on new AGers.

Another error that hasn't been mentioned is that it doesn't matter what deadspace figure you put into BeerSmith, it will still tell you to use the same amount of water for hot liquor. WTF?

Learning how to make up your own spreadsheets has a lot going for it.

On your first brews, get people here to help you out with your measurements.

Don't even get me started on Beersmiths utilisation values.... :rolleyes:

You did something really good on this a while back but I don't think it was in spreadsheet form. Can you do one?

That'd be tops!

I'm completely crap at spreadsheets, Pat. All it is, though, is an adjustment to get the numbers to align with tinseths formula. Beersmith uses pellets as not only the default type, but also as the default in the formula itself, assigning flowers -10%. They haven't worked out that 'flowers = 1 and pellets =+10%' isn't the same as 'pelets =1 and flowers =-10%'.....just multiply what beersmith gives you by 1.11.

If it was being done in a spreadsheet, independent of beersmith, you would just use tinseths formula as written. ;)

Back