• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a feeling it might be keg maybe modified to run as a temprite (ala miracle box???).

Cheers SJ

It is still open AFAIK

I doubt I am going to win it,
Not too worried about it, I guess Ill continue to use my pressure sprayer party keg.
:icon_cheers:

I hope you are getting what you paid for. All my untrained eye can see is a corny keg, a regulator and a gas bottle. no sign of a temprite in the pic.

I really only wanted the gas bottle, as i dont currently have one.. the other stuff is just a bonus..

Very good price. I'm going to regret not getting one in 6 months time...

Saying that "these normally go for $300" is a bit rich. In my exp. used kegs normally sell around the $125-150 mark. So the price they are asking is right. Guess we can thank European OH&S laws for seeing so many of these on the market! Wonder if/when Aus will follow suit and switch to 30L?

How would you go about removing the top plastic cover on these to cut it open? Just cut through plastic and metal to convert it?

Got a feeling it might be keg maybe modified to run as a temprite (ala miracle box???).

Cheers SJ

That would be a super bonus!!!!!! Why do you think that? i can see an extra post on the far left..

It's just a guess, they say temprite in the ad, but i see no temprite, so i'm guessing they have made some mods to the keg. Can't see/tell what the third post on the keg it, though it may just be a pressure relief valve.

Post up some better pics once you get your hands on it.

Cheers SJ

It's just a guess, they say temprite in the ad, but i see no temprite, so i'm guessing they have made some mods to the keg. Can't see/tell what the third post on the keg it, though it may just be a pressure relief valve.

Post up some better pics once you get your hands on it.

Cheers SJ

ok no worries, thanks mate. hope to pick it up some time this week as i live in the same suburb.

This pretty much completes my setup now, so i will have beer running through my font in no time!

Cheers,

Jamie

looks to me like a standard keg , ebay sellers often add words to attract buyers , or the genuinely just dont know what it is theyre selling in any case not a bad buy for a keg and regulator , dunno where youd get the bottle filled though unless its a mykegonlegs type bottle, which it doesnt look to be in that picture, if it has gas in it , youre on a winner till its empty

looks to me like a standard keg , ebay sellers often add words to attract buyers , or the genuinely just dont know what it is theyre selling in any case not a bad buy for a keg and regulator , dunno where youd get the bottle filled though unless its a mykegonlegs type bottle, which it doesnt look to be in that picture, if it has gas in it , youre on a winner till its empty

Why would i not be able to get it filled, provided it has the correct stamps...?

Anybody have and tips on how to remove the screw in lid from the top of the keg? Thanks..

Anybody have and tips on how to remove the screw in lid from the top of the keg? Thanks..

I've used a big set of vise grips/stilson/multigrips and locked on and then turned it. Other option I've used is a cold chisel and FBH. 2nd option puts a fair notch in it.

I have these kegs, do not attempt to use vise grips/stilson/multigrips or an oil filter wrench. You may damage stuff.

You need something you can jam inside the lid itself to rotate it anti clockwise. Get a friend to help hold it.

screw_lid1__Large_.jpg
screw_lid2__Large_.jpg

When inserting the lid, with good O-ring, only use your hand to tighten, unless you have physical hand problems. If using a tool to tighten don't over do it, because they are always tighter to get out than in.

An oil filter wrench is rubber lined, it's designed to remove things of about this size without marking them. Carbonator doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

Back