• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at just over 12amp I play it safe with 15amp be interesting to know the dimensions

Cocko said:
What are you saying MB? Do you need a 15amper or you could run it through a '10 amp' and be careful?

Sorry for the OT.

To stay on topic - umm...

Here a brew thingy, maybe: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-x10-Stainless-Overflow-Tank-Radiator-Expansion-Over-Flow-Catch-Can-SS-Steel-/201039779982?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecee7988e&_uhb=1

Phew...

Anyway MB?
Heres how to work it out. Your watts = voltage x amps

So 3000W = 240V by how many amps? = 12.5 in this case. You get a 15A to be sure. 15A can therefore run a 3600W element (240x15)

So we know that a standard GPO is 10A and 240V, so you can run 2400W on normal power points.

This is how it is 'designed'. In practice other loads on the circuit may cause tripping and you **can** run more than 2400W on a standard power point. Its not recommended though and will probably have issues.

Disclaimer ** I am not an electrician

GrumpyPaul said:
Have a look at the "Where Are you thread" it has a link to the AHB google map of members. You might be able to find a brewer close to Bondi junction that can pick it up and hold it for you .
Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke to the seller and he's OK to hold the item for a couple of weeks until I can collect it.

Very happy again.

shaunous said:
At first I thought what a shame, for I have bought from this retailer many times over the years and have never experienced a negative issue.
Then I thought, whoa, is it fair to post only the 21 negative responses he has had from 3146 he has received over 12 months, keeping in mind people are more likely to complain than praise?
So, in the interest of balance http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=homebrewingisfun1&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=positive&interval=365&_trkparms=positive_365

As for Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware), that should apply to all purchases

Cocko said:
What are you saying MB? Do you need a 15amper or you could run it through a '10 amp' and be careful?
Don't forget, if you have an electric oven, often the GPO that it plugs into is a 15A dedicated circuit. At least, ours is, and is accessible if I pull out one of the kitchen drawers. It limits you to:

- brewing in the kitchen; and
- not baking a cake while you brew.

NewtownClown said:
At first I thought what a shame, for I have bought from this retailer many times over the years and have never experienced a negative issue.
Then I thought, whoa, is it fair to post only the 21 negative responses he has had from 3146 he has received over 12 months, keeping in mind people are more likely to complain than praise?
So, in the interest of balance http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=homebrewingisfun1&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=positive&interval=365&_trkparms=positive_365
But if u read them, and Im not a fan of nick picking whingers myself, most of them seem to be the product never turning up, or the products not even working as advertised with no commication, but as u said, he has alot more positive than negative. So thats gotta count.

As for Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware), that should apply to all purchases
True That.

That too
There's nothing about them closing on their facebook, I dunno if they're just shifting stock or what
All I know is I'll be grabbing a couple of fermenters
If they are closing, I'm pretty sure they've got a whole bunch of tap parts and spares
Might have to go in tomorrow and have a chat

I saw one of those 60ltr urns as posted before at keg king (springvale) today for $200, has a 3000w element and they have swapped that funny looking tap for a ball valve.

Looks to be a good option I think.

sp0rk said:
Coffs locals, looks like Your Bru (brew on premises joint) is closing AGAIN and are flogging off their 50L fermenters
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-boambee-valley/miscellaneous-goods/carboy-50-litre-plastic/1041826591
In the photos they're using fermenting bags, so they should be nice and clean
$30 each

Anyone from out of town that wants one, hit me up and I can pick it up for you and bring it to the next CRABS meeting or whatever
I noticed in the add underneath is a 50 litre keg for sale,it has Coopers Pale Ale inked on the top but a red band around it.
I thought the red band means Sparkling Ale and the green band is Pale Ale?.
Anyway advertising a keg on a public forum like that is asking for trouble,naughty,naughty.

spog said:
I noticed in the add underneath is a 50 litre keg for sale,it has Coopers Pale Ale inked on the top but a red band around it.
I thought the red band means Sparkling Ale and the green band is Pale Ale?.
Anyway advertising a keg on a public forum like that is asking for trouble,naughty,naughty.
Funny thing is, it's been up since march last year...

Latest posts

Back