• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting fed up with it melting plugs and sockets.

I use 1 of these too - replaced the outlet pipe with allthread & fitted a ballvalve to it. Works brilliant after a soak in percarbonate & a plain water boil.

if you're melting plugs etc - it's cause these typically fitted with 2 x 2200W wlements. If you've plugged it into a standard 10A GPO, you're pulling more current than you should from an outlet designed to supply 2400W.

I use 1 of these too - replaced the outlet pipe with allthread & fitted a ballvalve to it. Works brilliant after a soak in percarbonate & a plain water boil.

if you're melting plugs etc - it's cause these typically fitted with 2 x 2200W wlements. If you've plugged it into a standard 10A GPO, you're pulling more current than you should from an outlet designed to supply 2400W.

It only has one element (the original) but I would say it's starting to deteriorate internally and drawing a little bit more current than it should.

mmm, I think I can buy it from a sponsor cheaper or maybe I should start selling some of my grain :)

I too will continue to only support my local HBS however I see this a convienient option for people prepared to pay a bit extra for the convienience of having a full recipe already sorted for you inclusive of yeast delivered to your door. Especially those not lucky enough to have a local HBS.

I LOLd at that one, I've got everything for that recipe here with everything except the yeast bought in bulk buys. I didn't do the maths but a bag of BB ale was $32 so I'm sure I'm in front.

I can't believe how cheap this is, looks in prime condition too.
Payed over $1000.00 for it & it was used in a hotel.
What a tosser! ( please let it be nobody on here )

Miracle Box

I can't believe how cheap this is, looks in prime condition too.
Payed over $1000.00 for it & it was used in a hotel.
What a tosser! ( please let it be nobody on here )

Miracle Box

Man what a fcking rip off. Must have had a few homebrews when he put that on there for that price and its condition.

I too will continue to only support my local HBS however I see this a convienient option for people prepared to pay a bit extra for the convienience of having a full recipe already sorted for you inclusive of yeast delivered to your door. Especially those not lucky enough to have a local HBS.

You do realise that the sponsors of this site as well as other HBS's already offer this service though don't you???
What a fucken ripoff that ebay listing is..

And for one recipe, 21lt batch, through a sponsor or other reputable HBS i'm sure it won't cost $50 delivered either.

Not quite sure what you mean by your above quote...

Latest posts

Back