• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't suppose anyone knows who this seller is - Cascade Goldings Rhizomes

Cheeky ******* is using a picture of my hop plantation to sell his hop rhizomes <_<

on another forum, there was an ebay seller using the pictures from one of the guys on this site, he was actually using a link, so the guy changed his site and put things like pork spin on the link. The seller quickly changed, about a year later the same seller did the same thing so again it got a few picies that were't quite appropriate :)

on another forum, there was an ebay seller using the pictures from one of the guys on this site, he was actually using a link, so the guy changed his site and put things like pork spin on the link. The seller quickly changed, about a year later the same seller did the same thing so again it got a few picies that were't quite appropriate :)

HAHA!

What an awesome idea!

If only the seller was smart enough to host his own pics then he wouldn't have had "inappropriate material" show up...

From the ad:

"I ordered several of them since it was cheaper on shipping and now i need to sell the extras"

I've been thinking about this for a while, and it just doesn't make sense. Can someone help me out here?
Translation: Combined shipping makes the shipping per unit cheaper
(Same as buying a March pump, shipping for 1 is about $40, shipping for 2 is about $60)

Translation: Combined shipping makes the shipping per unit cheaper
(Same as buying a March pump, shipping for 1 is about $40, shipping for 2 is about $60)

But the conical fermenters are worth around $1000! You'd have to be making a pretty good deal on shipping to be stuck with the risk of not selling a couple of fermenters, I would've thought.

Maybe I just secretly want one of these things, I don't know...

I am not sure about the savings in postage being the reason for buying in larger quantity.

With large items like a fermenter you would be paying for the volumetric weight rather than the actual weight. Unlike pots, these can't really be stacked inside one another unless you weld the legs of the smaller fermenter locally.

Also, the fact that you pay GST for items valued at over $1K would also negate any saving you might get.
I suspect that the seller had to purchase a certain number of fermenters to get them manufactured.
They are expensive but then they might be better manufactured than some other options and they do have a thermowell and some expensive fittings. It is very hard to tell as there weren't enough photos when I looked at it but when looking at the fermenter from CB, I would go for that option rather than the Ebay option.

at least you're near a capital city, nothing related to beer ever comes up here (other than those cordial tanks in grafton i posted)

Latest posts

Back