Earthquake In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh if you want pestilence i can send my kids over....

Farkin hell guys.

Are you Victorians trying to secure the natural disaster market or something? Sounds like the END OF DAYS huh? How does it go? Fire, Earthquakes, flood, famine, pestilence something and something?

...Nurse MORE BEER!

Seriously did Jeff Kennett piss god off or something?

Jeff gives everyone a dose of the above
But bring on the floods, cause its as dry as a dead dingos donga here. Floods , I dream about them. All those swamps and lakes dry that used to be great fishing and yabbying, all dry.
Bring it on HUEY

SWMBO felt it, we live in abbotsord. i was drving back from my folks place b/w 8:45 - 9:20 when it hit :( wish i felt it!

The family folk upstairs felt it, I didn't I was downstairs draining the mash tun at the time

We are in Boronia

BAH, amateurs!

btw, safe places = doorway, under a table/desk, away from large windows. be safe.

Felt it in West Brunswick. It felt like a fat man was shaking the front of my house.

I blamed it on the cat.

felt it in westmeadows, kinda felt like i was in a cabin @ a caravan park during high winds, went outside to see if any of my neighbours wandered out to do the same thing, no one did.

Went back inside to contemplate whether it was a tremor, perhaps i was having a seizure, or perhaps too many homebrews :p

Daily occurance for you guys... 4.7 wouldn't even count would it?
just messing with them. im actually a bit jealous. would have been a pretty good shake.
hopefully thats enough of the natural disasters for a while.

bring on the pestilence... about the only thing we are missing now...

Brendo

I think i am getting a bit of a sore throat... does that count??

Missed quake - we were at a truly terrible play and it must have gone unnoticed amongst the dodgey stage effects

Felt it in West Brunswick. It felt like a fat man was shaking the front of my house.

I blamed it on the cat.

In Brunswick too, freaked me out I thought there was someone tapping on the window then he started to give the house a nudge.
Must have been a very fat man.

From http://www.seis.com.au/
2009 March 6, Korumburra, VIC ML 4.5
0955 UTC, 145.87E, 38.43S, 10 km deep
(Friday, March 6, 08:55 pm AEDT)
This earthquake occurred about 5km east of Korumburra, in the same area as the ML 3.7 earthquake on January 12. This earthquake has been felt widely throughout the epicentral region and across Melbourne. A number of small aftershocks occurred in the hour after this earthquake and are expected to continue for some days or weeks.
Easily felt it here in Berwick, think its the most noticeable one I ever recall, seems there was another one last month in the same spot, didn't notice that one. :)

Felt it all the way out here in Teesdale (about 30km west of Geelong), apparently the house shook pretty badly, but i was in the garage and didnt notice it :(

I'll just settle for the fires, heat, smoke and tremors for now...

I bet snow and blizzards are starting to sound appealing to you now. No earthquakes 'round these parts either. ;)

Seriously, Victoria has been proverbially kicked in the balls quite a few times these last few weeks. I hope the excitement dies down soon. :(

I bet snow and blizzards are starting to sound appealing to you now. No earthquakes 'round these parts either. ;)

Seriously, Victoria has been proverbially kicked in the balls quite a few times these last few weeks. I hope the excitement dies down soon. :(

it certainly makes life interesting round these parts...

Victoria, what about QLD, every time I see a news report it's raining again up there again. We went to the GC at christmas 2007 just before all the rain started and I dont think it has stopped since then.

Felt two shakes up in Healesville, first was like a truck going by the second rattled the house a bit. Didn't spill my beer so didn't pay much attention.

Back