Draft Pak kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grott

Beer Embalmer
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these kegs. 3 gallon (12 litre) and have on the side of the lid-:

Draft Pak
Miami Florida
Pats PendView attachment 97407 20170524_114911.jpg20170524_114856.jpg

No, stainless steel. A Google search to no avail and can't find in any pics on the google images. Have located a home brew shop in Miami so I'm going to enquire with them. Got the two kegs for $50 each. Bargain for 12 litre. The other interesting thing is the lid seal is two piece, a solid rubber ring fits inside an open hollow ring. By open its like its slit and the solid ring is pushed into that. Kegs in top condition, currently soaking in sodium percarbonate.

Well still can't get any info. Request for help from brew forum in Florida got one reply suggesting I do a search of the US Patents Office, big help and will take about a year. Emailed a brewing club in Miami a week ago with no response to date however they only meet once per month so something could eventuate. Photo of identification on keg lid:-
IMG_0186.JPG

laxation said:
Did you try contacting the Draft Pak company? Maybe they had some special kegs made that fit underneath their eskies? Or an older product idea maybe

https://www.draftpak.com/
No, that would be the smart thing to do. You know it came up in my web search and I looked at the products and their location but the brain didn't connect "Draft Pak" give them a go. Thanks will send info.

Well I'm stumped. Draftpak responded and have no idea, stated when they did a name search for their company "Draftpak" nothing came up. Keg manufacturer in Florida responded, never seen them but think fairly old. Brew Club, no response yet.

These kegs would not have been cheap to make, the tooling costs alone would be heaps. Google searches, images, vintage kegs etc no luck. Ebay searches again no luck, even American ebay.
This has got me stump but I'm not giving up on such a mystery.

They may well have been made for the specific task of line cleaning, so there may not have been a huge number made, this would also make them a little obscure to reference in searches.

Back