Don't Like Lagers, What's Wrong With Me?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Haven't really found any others yet. They're all too afraid to make lagers with fuller malty tastes.

It's been said before but eisbock, bock, dunkel, schwarzbier, rauchbier, baltic porter are just a few beers that put the lie to that.

I'd suggest that true to historical style blah whatever lagers like good urquell, budvar, kruskovice etc are very malty and flavoursome.

Bland megaswill shouldn't be blamed on yeast or conditioning mechanisms - anyone could take a lager yeast and make a super hoppy or malty beer, anyone could take an ale yeast and make bland rubbish.

Most generic things in any category (beer, music, food, t-shirts, tattoos) are unimaginative and boring

I brew mostly ales, until the hot and humid summer when you can't beat a good lager or pilsner. You wouldn't drink a stout on a hot day would you? or would you? :huh:

Batz

A great Stout with that big Steak off the grill, a baked potato, and a fresh garden salad. What could be better then that on a hot summer day?

Low hop lagers worth drinking again and again, malty Bavarian and Austrian lagers. Haven't really found any others yet. They're all too afraid to make lagers with fuller malty tastes

Sounds like Munich Helles

I don't mind at all a bland lager under the right circumstances. My house lager is a Euro lager at around 4% and tastes like most of the western euro lagers in green bottles that all taste the same.

Where it really shines is when there's a keg of Amarillo IPA next to it. I like juxtaposition when drinking. It highlights the strengths of each.

Latest posts

Back