Does This Look Like An Infection?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twenty

Reaction score
Hi Guys

i bottle a batch last night which i waited a little long to do, a little over 3 weeks. It had white floaty bits which im concerned is an infection, here is a pic:

fermenter.jpg

i tasted it and it didn't taste sour though the fermenter has a fruity aroma. would this have anything to do with dry hopping or useing t58 begian yeast?

let me know what you think it is.

Thanks Glenn

I think it looks fine Glenn. The aroma would be from the dry hopping. You did not say at what temp you kept the fermenter at for three weeks? If it was infected you would have know by the shitty taste.

Always hard to tell from photo's hoever it looks ok to me, could be some yeast floccing and rising as a clump to the top.

I reckon it will be fine, especially if the taste is ok outta the fermentor.

Cheers.

Always hard to tell from photo's hoever it looks ok to me, could be some yeast floccing and rising as a clump to the top.

I reckon it will be fine, especially if the taste is ok outta the fermentor.

Cheers.

+1

Bits of yeast rising to the surface.

thanks for the tip guys, i look forward to drinking it then :)

i just lifted my fermenter onto a higher shelf to prepare for bottling tommorow, and saw basically the same picture, except a few more spots. Shat my pants, and logged on here, glad to see (hopefully) that its just some yeast. Anyone else had this sort of thing, and how did the beer turn out? bottlebombs?

Back