Do You Filter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam89brewer

Reaction score
I purchased a filter ages ago and never worried about using it until now but after using it found that it filters out all the flavours that I enjoy. I now don't see the point of filtering again. Does anyone else on here filter?

I purchased a filter ages ago and never worried about using it until now but after using it found that it filters out all the flavours that I enjoy. I now don't see the point of filtering again. Does anyone else on here filter?
Flavours like yeast and trub etc? Each to their own.

If you don't like the beer post filtering then adjust your recipe to suit; don't blame the filter. Thousands of commercial breweries can't be wrong :icon_chickcheers:

Filters less than 0.5 micron will strip flavour.

Commercial breweries don't use the same filtration systems home brewers use.

If I remember right, isn't it mentioned that they centrifuge the yeast out? That shouldn't differ a lot from a rock solid yeast cake at the bottom of a carefully poured bottle?!

Now after doing some research. I think the change in flavour and crappy carbonation may be due to me using cellamix 40 as advised by BOC because he thought is lasts longer but I understand now that is lasts longer due to the fact that no one wants to F'n use it.

Now after doing some research. I think the change in flavour and crappy carbonation may be due to me using cellamix 40 as advised by BOC because he thought is lasts longer but I understand now that is lasts longer due to the fact that no one wants to F'n use it.

By the way does anyone know what pressure to carb it up with and how ?

Latest posts

Back