Diy Drip Tray On Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes the idea of a drip tray is to be dual purpose.
(1) catch drips, foamy runover etc (2) to sit the glass on it, particularly with a foamy beer and come back to it after it has settled to top it up.

A bucket can catch the drips etc and then sit the beer on top of the keezer, then pick it up again and put under tap again. Just not as easy as sitting it on a tray under the tap.

As a drip tray i use one of the plastic shelves from the door of the fridge sitting on the ground under the taps. I've been tempted to buy a couple of brackets for it to sit on... but way too lazy/cheap. very easy to clean out, just a quick wipe with a warm washer and a spray with starsan. I'll probably keep it like that for the moment.

End plan is to scrap the upright fridge kegerator and install a NickB style setup but with the taps within the wall cavity with a blackboard menu over the top, hiding the taps when not in use. Only money is keeping me away from that one at the moment.

Knocked this up to include a glass rinser/chiller, really pleased how it turned out. i run the rinser off the soda line/keg.

IMG_20110712_135225.jpg

IMG_20110712_135200.jpg

The collection container with indication float to indicate when it's full and needs emptying.

IMG_20110712_154143.jpg

I use one of these QJ7012 as a drip tray with a tupperware container in it to catch drips,I just slide the container from tap to tap.Empty and wash the container when finished.

Thanks guys for all the info!
All I need to do now is pick one! :D

I'm leaning towards the drip tray at http://www.barproducts.com/
Will probably attach the brackets with liquid nails and sit the tray on top.

Although gonna need 2 of 'em... :chug:

Latest posts

Back