disable fridge thermostat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
My fridge at home is a bit different to this one.. Just want to check.

The freezer compartment seems to power on even though it's not on cool cycle on the stc, on mine I was able to disconnect the wires to the compressor and the thermostat, this one looks to be hard wired...

Can I just cut that silver wire leading in to the fridge control unit?

Ed: hooking this up for a mate, I rigged the stc for him but the fridge is his, I don't want to destroy it on him if I cam help it ;)

Screenshot_2015-08-29-11-36-04.png

The silver wire in the bottom left part of the pic? That is the thermostat probe, cut that and its all over.

Isnt that what the stc is for? I've disabled mine at home and it works fine (not cut though)

I think I've found the fault though, I'll put a new power point on the stc, I think the issue may be there

Yes and no. The stc replaces the thermostat but you would have to re route the brown/blue through the stc cooling contact if you get rid of/damage the fridges internal thermostat. I'm sure you know this and I'm just looking at this all wrong, is the pic of the fridge or freezer thermostat?

It's a littlebar fridge, I think I've got it sorted though (or at least identified the fault)

Cheers

Back