Deus Brut Flanders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa came early.......

View attachment 22692
Oooo nice Kirem! 2006 vintage by the looks?

Tried it for the first time on my birthday a few months back. Also an 06, checking out the bottle. Very nice beer. Rich and complex yet elegant. Bit of the sweet side by my reckoning though.
Anyone know if its worth putting away for a few years? Would that take the edge off that sweetness?

Oooo nice Kirem! 2006 vintage by the looks?

Anyone know if its worth putting away for a few years? Would that take the edge off that sweetness?

Yep 2006.

I am going to drink one and then make a decision on drinking the other or putting it away.

I picked up a bottle a few years back and enjoyed it with the father in law. Co$t me 50 odd bucks at the time. I was in Melbourne in August and saw a bottle in a Spencer St bottle shop (opposite the old railway building- not the station) for $35 from memory. I love Melbourne.

daniel

while this wouldn't be a bad beer for $15, it's a total rip off in my opinion for that price. nothing extra except for a bit more CO2 than you would get in a Duvel, and as Muggus says it's sweet. I also taste solvent and fusels.
Personally I don't think it's anywhere near Duvel, Chimay White, westmalle tripel, Trois Monts, Dupont Avec les bons voeux or moinette, vivat triple, or moa st josephs to name just a few readily available strong blond beers with much better flavours and well under half the price...

moa st josephs in particular is OUTSTANDING to my palate

moa st josephs in particular is OUTSTANDING to my palate
Have a bottle of this in my fridge that i've kept for a 'special occassion'.
Saturdays are special occasions right? :icon_drunk:

On the topic of Moa beers, I found it a bit odd that they bottle their normal lager and wheat beer in corked 750ml bottles, but keep the likes of St Josephs and the limited release 5 Hop Ale (which was very nice) in 375ml bottles. Typically breweries do it around the other way.
Then again, they are Kiwis! ;)

Latest posts

Back