Degassing The Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakester

Reaction score
Need help quick, got a party this arvo and i found i left the gas tap on one of the kegs and its way over gassed. Whats the quickest way to bring it down to pouring level? Do i just take it out of the fridge and let out the gas every now and then or is there a quicker way to do it. Cheers in advance.

Need help quick, got a party this arvo and i found i left the gas tap on one of the kegs and its way over gassed. Whats the quickest way to bring it down to pouring level? Do i just take it out of the fridge and let out the gas every now and then or is there a quicker way to do it. Cheers in advance.

Can be a PITA but try gently rocking the keg, then relief valve, gently rock the keg, relief valve.

Do it a say 4-5 times, wait for 20 mins or so to let everything settle, then pour a glass or 2....repeat if needed.

Has worked for me in the past, hope this helps mate.

Cheers, John.

Can be a PITA but try gently rocking the keg, then relief valve, gently rock the keg, relief valve.

Do it a say 4-5 times, wait for 20 mins or so to let everything settle, then pour a glass or 2....repeat if needed.

Has worked for me in the past, hope this helps mate.

Cheers, John.

+1

Do i just take it out of the fridge and let out the gas every now and then or is there a quicker way to do it. Cheers in advance.

I would leave it in the fridge and release the gas, if its way over gassed it will take a day or two doing this. I have over gassed them and turned of the gas bottle and just let the pressure in the beer push the beer through the tap, keep pouring beers with the gas off till it hardly pours any more then slowly re apply the pouring pressure back on. I have found doing this method works fastest and after a hour or so its ok depending how gassed it is. You could also pour into jugs and let it settle if its way to gassed.

Back