Deals On Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sponsors ... or try Keg King if you're local, they should have another batch now...

You can never have enough kegs!!

Have bought kegs from both. Craftbrewer's you do a bit more cleaning as they still have the pepsi residue but have found them great and hold pressure well. The kegs I got were from the US judging by the Hawaiian stickers.

The Mybeershop ones have been refurbed a bit - they have new keg posts and lids in them, some of the kegs appear to have replacement rubber tapped onto the bases, but have held up well. I think the kegs come through from Asia.

Both sellers supply kegs with a bag of replacement seals, mybeershop also provide some replacement post valves. Thumbs up for either seller - both do the job.

Hopper.

While you are getting new seal kits for your kegs, check the spring tension on the release valves to make sure one isn't weaker than the others.

If on or two are significantly weaker than the others I recommend you replace them with new ones.

I had an intermittent gas leak on my system (sketchy release valve) that was ten times more frustrating to find than the $20 worth of lost gas.

It's an often overlooked part of the keg refurbishing equation.

Back