Dead Snap Locks?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbarber

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am putting together a flooded font setup (by guess work) and grabbed myself three cheap snap lock adapters from ebay a couple of weeks ago. The time has come to start putting them together & i found 2 of the 3 are not "snapping" in to place on my andale font.

The one that did work was able to plug in to all 3 outlets on my font, so the issue cannot be with my font. I disassembled the snaplocks and changed everything around with the working snaplock; but still no luck. The only visible difference i can see between the working snaplock and the failing ones are that the working one is slightly warped at the connections and seems to fit the font a little tighter.

Anyone experienced this issue? There is a ring of wire which navigates the font's thread and holds it in place - perhaps a wire with a higher diameter migt solve the problem? or should i cut my losses and spend some $'s on a couple more ...?

cheers

Some pics might help.
Also - filling out your location so we know where u are can help with advice given.

Snaplock adaptors screw into the Font - the font has 3/4"BSP female threaded for the snaplock Adaptor to screw into.

The taps have a Snaplock male with holes for the three ball bearings to push into to hold the taps in place - u need to push the taps in hard and may have to rotate the tap until it clicks into position.

So i am confused as to what your problem is - it could be taht u have ballbearings missing or the problem can be in your taps.

So - post some pics and it will make analysing the problem/giving advice easier.

My digicam needs some repairwork so i am unable to post pictures at the moment...

I think that may have helped however; I see now on andale's web site that there are more than one type of snaplock adapter (news to me!). The snaplocks I have look like "Snaplok adaptor 5/8" BSPF" and with my andale font i believe i will need "Snaplok adaptor 3/4" BSP" with the male thread.

That will make things a whole lot easier.

no worries - i sell 3/4"BSP Snaplok adaptors for 35.00 ea or 3 for 100.00

Ken...

Mine are SS

If his are SS then buy the used ones.

There is a black rubber seal in them - i will be happy to send u 2 for free if u need to recondition Fingerlicken_B 's Snaplocks.

Ken, mine appear to be SS with a CP brass outer ring (the bit that pushes the BBs in), but I can't be certain...Senior Magnet recognises neither SS nor brass <_<

Either way, the funky shaped seals/washers inside seem ok, but would need two new 20 cent o-rings for where the two halves match up B)

PZ.

can supply the O rings - look at the base of the snaplocks to see if they are ss - give them a scratch to check if they are not chrome plated brass

Back