Dates Of Comps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Can those involved in the up coming comps please post dates?

Sorry I've completely lost track of them all.

Cheers
Batz

Batz,
the QAAWBG Comp entries must be in as follows:
Entries will be accepted between 2 pm and 4 pm on Saturday, 26th August 2006 at the following address:
Laidley Showgrounds (use of venue kindly supplied by Laidley Show Society), Hayes Street, LAIDLEY, Q, 4341.
No entries will be accepted after 4 pm. Distant entrants should make appropriate arrangements - Contact Ron Munro (07) 5465 2265
Entries must be submitted (and will be judged) at room temperature.
Cheers
Stephen.

View attachment QAAWBG_2006_State_Championships.pdf

Apologies if this thread is aimed at just the QLD brewers, but I would be really interested in knowing what dates the NSW comps are too... Last year I missed them all by only a whisker :angry:

Cheers :beer:

ANAWBS - the Australian National Amateur Wine And Beer Show, will be held again at the Regency College of TAFE in Adelaide.

This is now the show's 27th year.
Entry is open to brewers from across Australia, there is no pre qualifyiing required.

Entries close Friday 29 September 2006

Beer Judging will be conducted on Friday 6 and Sunday 8 October.

Presentation day Sunday 15 October 2006.

Full details, including all the style gudelines for this year, can be found on the newly revamped ANAWBS web site.

There are still some further changes to made. Notably we are changing to the 50 point judging scale favoured by the BJCP, and accordingly changes will be made to our forms to reflect this. As the new forms come on line I will post the news on AHB.

If there are any Adelaide brewers wishing to assist in stewarding the comp, please send me an email with your details and I will get back to you - all help gratefully accepted. There is an opportunity to taste the beers after judging has been completed.

I hope to be making another important announcement regarding the comp in the next week or so, please watch this space.

And don't forget, ANAWBS is home to the All Grain Mash Paddle competition again this year. Get brewing those Porters!!

T.D. said:
Apologies if this thread is aimed at just the QLD brewers, but I would be really interested in knowing what dates the NSW comps are too... Last year I missed them all by only a whisker :angry:

Cheers :beer:
[post="124307"][/post]​

I hear that the NSW State Comp is currently scheduled for Saturday the 21st of October at Potters Brewery in the Hunter Valley.

Beers,
Doc

Why not post them on the site calender

Just a thought

Cheers

We expect that the next Castle Hill Show comp will be moved forward to November this year. Planning will start in June, after that we will be in a position to announce a firm date.

T

Beerpig said:
Why not post them on the site calender

Just a thought

Cheers
[post="124349"][/post]​

ANAWBS dates now locked in to the calendar, Eddie.

sjc said:
Batz,
Entries will be accepted between 2 pm and 4 pm on Saturday, 26th August 2006 at the following address:
Laidley Showgrounds (use of venue kindly supplied by Laidley Show Society), Hayes Street, LAIDLEY, Q, 4341.
No entries will be accepted after 4 pm. Distant entrants should make appropriate arrangements - Contact Ron Munro (07) 5465 2265
Cheers
Stephen.
[post="124304"][/post]​

I'm an official drop off point for those that can't deliver personally.

cheers Ross

For all the S.A contingent.

Just received an email from Mike Leupold re SABSOSA comp
"Judging 10th September. Closing date two weeks prior."

Dave.

Ross said:
sjc said:
Batz,
Cheers
Stephen.
[post="124304"][/post]​

I'm an official drop off point for those that can't deliver personally.

cheers Ross
[post="124378"][/post]​

Cheers Ross

Batz

I believe this thread to be fairly important to those thinking of entering a comp. this year.
Therefore I have 'cleaned' it up a bit as it was getting way off track.
If judging methods need to be aired can we do it in another thread please.

Lets keep this thread for comp. dates.

Cheers
Batz

SABSOSA 2006

Judging date: Sunday 10th September 2006

No entries accepted after Friday 25th August.

Each Entry remains at $3.00

Categories & styles as last year.

Deliver bottles to:

Brewmaker Home Brewing - Holden Hill, 560 North East Rd. - ph. 8369 3649

Grumpy's Brewhaus - Verdun,just off motor-way,Handorf exit-ph. 8188 1133

Presentations will take place on Sunday 17th September 2006 at the Holdfast Bay Bowling Club.

Please see SABSOSA website for further details, convenor info, entry forms and guidelines.

Cheers
Tim Harriss (SABSOSA Secretary)

I have registered The Castle Hill Comp with the BJCP.

(http://www.bjcp.org/apps/comp_schedule/competition_schedule.php )

Judging dates will be Nov 4/5 this year. Entries will close Oct 21. Entry forms are being finalised along with collection points.

Will advise final detail when available.

Cheers

T

Back