Creating A Starter From Salvaged Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledgenko

Reaction score
Fellow Brewers ... I am probably recreating a previous thread (although I have looked and can not find one) but I want to know how to make a starter from salvaged yeasts. I have salvaged White Rabbit dark ale, Coopers Pale ale and Burtons Ale yeasts... But before I go chucking them back onto brews I want to make starters so I can start building them for further future use.. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Matt

You will want to step up your yeast in starters (whilst using a sanitary method) ranging from 6 to ten times the current volume.

e.g. Slant > 10ml > 100ml > 1L.

You can chill down and pour off the 'beer' on top after these steps if you like, however I don't bother with that until the last big starter is finished prior to pitching.

I reckon Wolfy has some good pic tutorials of yeast propogation on this forum too.

Edit:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=46262&hl=

Fellow Brewers ... I am probably recreating a previous thread (although I have looked and can not find one) but I want to know how to make a starter from salvaged yeasts. I have salvaged White Rabbit dark ale, Coopers Pale ale and Burtons Ale yeasts... But before I go chucking them back onto brews I want to make starters so I can start building them for further future use.. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Matt

download the PDF attachment in THIS LINK and also have a lookee in HERE and also use

Image_0.jpg... (use the google search bit)... there is literally a metric shed load of topics to read, alot containing same/similar info

HERE is a link to mr Malty also...

Yob

Yob ... Bang on the money ... Cheers

I shall give this a red hot smashing !!! I am off to the LHBS for some LDME... :)

Well I will tell the boss that anyway ...

Cheers guys

Matt

Back