CQ getting our asses kicked.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bomber Watson

Reaction score
Cat 5 cyclone just hit the coast near shoal water bay, expected to be a three when it hits rockhampton and makes its merry way down the coast further.

First time in history a cyclone will actually hit Rocky, if it does.

Being born and bred here i have never actually been in a cyclone....

Should be fun :D I figure theres nothing better to do than have a few coldies and ride it out, sampling my latest batch of 138 hefeweizen atm whilst following the storms progress on the BOM website. Delicious. Need to make some chicken pasta or something for smoko soon i recon, will go perfectly.

2015-02-20%2009.29.35_zpsv1zz6pnf.jpg

Stay safe fellow CQ brewers.

Cheers.

I'll be down that way with the SES to clean up from a North Queensland to yourself enjoy the weather

If your in rocky for a night and feel a bit thirsty, hit me up.

Providing my stash doesnt blow away.

Screenshot from my weather app. I'm assuming it's not actually sunny in Gladstone at the moment :blink:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1424400356.012934.jpg

Good luck everyone. Stay safe.

Meanwhile on the the gold coast, we are starting to feel the effects of the cyclone

damage.jpg

Exile said:
Meanwhile on the the gold coast, we are starting to feel the effects of the cyclone
Reading some of the news reports on the web yesterday, anyone could have been forgiven for thinking that the Goldy was going to cop the full brunt of it. It was only about 1000 k's away.

I beg to differ with the thread title

TC Marcia = arse kicked

Much damage, but the community spirit being shown in the clean up has restored my faith in people

Beer is being earned

Cheers and best wishes to those now dealing with flood waters

I got out pretty well, wirly bird blew off the roof of the house and one of my side gates blew the latch off.

House, shed, toranas, mini, bikes, beer, dog and myself are all fine.

Fun times.

Well shit, I think I may have caused this........ Just before Australia Day, I shaved off my beard. About that time, the monsoon trough started to dip south, and over the next 3 weeks became the tropical low that eventually became CAT 5 Tropical Cyclone Marcia. I sincerely apologise to Abraham, the God of Beards, and promise never to shave my beard off again!

We were ok in the part of Yeppoon where I am, but the power was out for 2 1/2 days and my fruit trees were knocked down. There are a many people out here that are having a far rougher time than us still, so I count our blessings. We are from north queensland, so cyclones are not such a big deal to us and we were as prepared as we could be. I work in Rocky, so i've seen a lot of people who weren't lucky enough to have that knowledge and experience already- it's a hard way to learn unfortunately (esp because that knowledge will be lost in the generation or 2 it takes for the next one to come through).

Bomber, my stash survived (although severely dented for some reason) so PM me if you're keen for a CQ beer.

That was a ******* impressive storm, and a great reminder of how small a part we play in the world.

Cheers,
RB

Latest posts

Back