Could a gas manifold with check valves help preserve aroma?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a wild thought here - I have no check valves on my gas system at all, my gas is simply split with tees to the various kegs. I have previously detected dry-hop crossover with hop aroma from one keg getting into the others. I also seem to lose all hop aroma (even in hugely dry-hopped beers) within 3 - 4 weeks of kegging. It brings up the possibility that im losing the aroma to absorbtion in the other kegs, and perhaps even into the gas bottle? (no main check valve either on the regulator).

So with that said, would replacing my tees with a gas manifold with check valves preserve my hop aroma for longer? The check valves would only allow the gas (and therefore aroma) within the small amount of line up to the manifold before it hits the check valve and cant go in reverse? Any other tips on keeping the hop aroma around?

Cheers

no idea about the check valves, but i have noticed aroma lasts longer from 0min, whirlpool, hopback additions. Dry hop gives a good punch and dissapates quickly

I've wondered this too.

I'd definitely invest in a check valve to protect your regulator if nothing else.

A damaged reg is a real bitch.

Trev

Thanks gents, I will round myself up a manifold with check valves and see if i can notice a difference in my next brew.

Latest posts

Back