Coopers Extra Strong Vintage (2015)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Picked up a few bottles of this today, I've put two to the side which I'll try in 12 months (or earlier if I get thirsty and run out of beer) but cracked the third bottle I bought open this evening to try it out.

It's 7.5% and I expected it to be much sweeter than it is. It's surprisingly dry. Doesn't drink like a 7.5% at all, in fact I find the Coopers Sparkling has more of an alcohol hit and that's only 5.8%. Good hop bitterness but perhaps a little bit short. The hop bitterness doesn't hang around for long. Not even going to speculate what hops are in it, although that said, a quick google search says Melba hops.

I'd built this up in my head to be a lot better than it is - it's certainly tasty enough and I'll look forward to trying another bottle in a years time and see how it develops. Nothing wrong with it but I prefer the Sparkling Ale. I should cellar a couple of bottles of that, I hear Coopers Sparkling develops nicely over time.

Back