Coopers Euro Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm an idiot, my wife thinks so, my kids think so, now I know so, I put down my first coopers euro lage. Have been waiting with bated breath to tap the keg. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I've over carbonated it. Bin sooo busy I fergot. Cardinal sin Fergittin) I know and deserve a spanking fer it (i should be so lucky). 3 days at 32psi. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an idiot, my wife thinks so, my kids think so, now I know so, I put down my first coopers euro lage. Have been waiting with bated breath to tap the keg. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I've over carbonated it. Bin sooo busy I fergot. Cardinal sin Fergittin) I know and deserve a spanking fer it (i should be so lucky). 3 days at 32psi. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn the gas off and open the valve on the keg lid to release all pressure. Start by rocking the keg a bit and release the pressure. Repeat until carbonation is fine (may take a couple days, rocking and releasing pressure a couple times a day). The one time I did over-carbonate my keg, I just rocked it, released the pressue, left it for an hour two, repeat. Did this a few times and the keg was good the next day.
Your beer will be ok. You just need to get some CO2 out.

Back