Converting Co2 Fire Extinguisher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys for the replies.
tidal pete, sticker arrived safe and sound. looking proud on the fridge.
cheers scooza.

PS --- Just saw your latest post Trueman. Cable tie will do but TTBOMK all fire extinguishers come with a locking pin.

Ok cool......I thought the locking pin only locked the trigger open.

Truman,

Mine does both but if you heed the advice from the above posts always keep your stinguisher in the "open" position unless you need a refill.

TP

No worries will do..

So is CO2 all the same really?? I was told there is food grade and non food grade? Anyone know someone in melbourne who would fill them???

As stillscottish said ----- All the same gas Truman.

TP

Ok and as you still keep the trigger on I suppose when you get it filled you just take the reg off and it looks just like a fire extinguisher...Awesome.

Ok and as you still keep the trigger on I suppose when you get it filled you just take the reg off and it looks just like a fire extinguisher...Awesome.

All depends where you go. I found it's better to be honest when getting a refill & emailed around beforehand.
Cylinder has been repainted grey (for CO2) & a sticker from another brewer attached.
IMG_0343.JPG

TP

Just lined up one of these myself. $30 for 9L. =)

Maybe, sorta, probably, hopefully. There seem to be a few places who refill here in Adelaide. :)

So is CO2 all the same really?? I was told there is food grade and non food grade?

The difference is when they fill a food grade tank a finer micron filter is to be used, most places have this as standard anyway and no real harm can come from ingesting very small amounts of non food grade Co2 as what you would expect to have in beer. I think :ph34r:

Extinguisher.jpg
Extinguisher_2.jpg

Just lined up one of these myself. $30 for 9L. =)

Maybe, sorta, probably, hopefully. There seem to be a few places who refill here in Adelaide. :)

Tanga, just use your feminine guile and a beer or two and you'll have the refilling guys wrapped around your finger.

I just get mine filled at a fire extiguisher re-fill place. 'Action Fire Extinguishers', for you in Brisbane.

LOL, I think you have to be feminine to pull that off. I have scored some neat stuff lately though. I owe multiple beers. =)

Edit: @ browndog.

I need to get it pressure tested first before asking beerbelly. I've found a place that picks up and delivers for an extra $20 which, sans car as I am, may be my best bet. A while before I need to worry about it though.

Score!

Just confirmed, a 9 kg CO2 extinguisher which looks to be in good nick, no dents, not too old, etc, for $30. Score!

anyone using the Fire Ex's with the side swivel type fitting like this one ?
where the hose joins on is a swivel type valve

it's a 1/4 inch thread and needs and adapter to the reg 1/4 -> 1/2

co2 fairy dropped them (2) off.... they are out of date but have gas

617bUzWSldS._AA1000_.jpg

Back