Conundrum in Mornington

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, there are a lot of interesting folks on here, some of them not that far from you. 2 years ago I dismantled my brewery and gave away major bits, to the point that I couldn't brew at home. I had decided to drastically change my system, but planned the changeover poorly. Very.

So I started asking folks I barely knew to brew together with me on their systems. Even pm'ed some folks on here who seemed interesting, but I hadn't really met. Deal I've offered has been I bring the grain and hops, we brew on their system. Honestly, it's so freaking great that I have been slow to get my own system re-built. Very!

I've met some great folks and made a few solid friends, and some who may yet be. Point is, toss a line in the water, and don't just sit waiting for a bite. You'll find more brew buddies yet, IMHO.

Thanks guys, just your enthusiasm alone makes me remember why I was brewing in the first place. Will look again at my choices and try to keep an eye out for people who want to brew together with me.

Perhaps a new project is what I need...

manticle said:
Just buy a slab of your favourite beer
I have been buying slabs, trying to see what I might like to brew. It's an enthusiasm fat lazy ******* issue I think

manticle said:
What happens when you meet someone who is a complete tit?

they moved interstate so it should all be good :)

Edak said:
Thanks guys, just your enthusiasm alone makes me remember why I was brewing in the first place. Will look again at my choices and try to keep an eye out for people who want to brew together with me.

Perhaps a new project is what I need...
Mardoo and I are brewing three batches this Saturday in Croydon if you're free you are welcome to stop by.

EDIT: I read a lot of threads and info regarding going all grain and BIAB and yourself and QLDKev had me settled on most of the info I carried into all grain so would be a honor if you could stop by.

Mardoo said:
Haven't yet, but seeing as I love tits, and even bushtits, it'd probably be OK.
Have met a lot of brewers from this community.

Won't pretend I haven't met tits (not the good kind) but tit to non tit ratio is coming way out in favour of non-tit.

manticle said:
Have met a lot of brewers from this community.

Won't pretend I haven't met tits (not the good kind) but tit to non tit ratio is coming way out in favour of non-tit.
Now that is a conundrum.

If a pint is consumed in a forest and no-one is there to see, does the keg remain full?

Midnight Brew said:
Mardoo and I are brewing three batches this Saturday in Croydon if you're free you are welcome to stop by.

EDIT: I read a lot of threads and info regarding going all grain and BIAB and yourself and QLDKev had me settled on most of the info I carried into all grain so would be a honor if you could stop by.
That sounds like it could be fun, let me get the details over PM and if there's anything you need me to bring I can!

I have plenty of everything so happy to share.

BTW three batches is quite a lot, going for a personal record? If you have enough power for a 1V we could make it 4 or 5

I'm on the peninsula and always happy to learn new stuff or swap ideas on brews, bottle swap etc.

Edit: wouldn't classify myself as a tit, possibly some home brew related man boob beginning to appear though!

It was good to meet you Edak! Glad you dropped round to the brew session. We actually knocked out all three in 12 hours. Hopefully we haven't turned you off getting back into brewing ;) . And remember, you can always build your system bigger. Or go for something along the lines of one of Husky's systems :D

MB and Mardoo,thanks for having me around to brew the other day, you are both really good blokes. Just so you know, I did get the itch to do some more brewing and have lined up to do two NC brews tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!

Stuart, where on the Pen are you? We could do a brew sometime, or if feeling lazy we could go to MPBrew. Always good to have another beer buddy.

NB. I just looked at Huskies systems.

Hey Edak I'm in mt eliza so mp brewery is pretty close by. PM me of you want to catch up one arvo although my march is pretty hectic.

Cool I am only 15 mins walk from MPB so that's definitely something we could do.
March is very hectic for me too. I will shoot you a PM over next couple of weeks

Back