Control Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Inching closer to finally getting my brew rig operational. Mounted the controllers & switches in today & will be getting it wired up on the weekend.
My control box is 300W x 400H x 200D. IP65 rated & solid as a rock. If anyone is looking for a great quality control box, I would give Darren a call or check out his ebay auctions. I payed $148.50 delivered for mine.

Darren Nash

Peekn Services

0448 085 061

DSC_0151-2.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153-1.jpg

Cheers

Looks the part. Trying to resist the urge to upgrade my rig but I want buttons to press & shiny things on it. It was IP65 till you cut holes in it :p

Ha hah. Unless of course you sealed around every switch & panel. I'm guessing you won't be testing its' rating with direct blasts from jets of water anyhow.

Ha hah. Unless of course you sealed around every switch & panel. I'm guessing you won't be testing its' rating with direct blasts from jets of water anyhow.

I may run a bead of silicone neatly around each switch & controller but I'll wait & see what the sparky says. I am mounting it on the left side of the brew stand approximately the same height as the top of the keggles & flush in line with the front of the stand. It will be angled back slightly, 15-20 deg. Waiting on my 2400w element to turn up from Tobins as well, hopefully here by the end of the week. This will be installed in my Rims tube. The last job will be hard plumbing my gas lines for the two mongolian burners & I'm ready to roll.

I finished my PID control box last weekend and gave it its first run. I used a servers battery backup/surge protector unit from work that had blown up. The control box made it very easy all I had to do was gut it add a 12v power supply (from an old laser printer) for the fan which is really an over kill but the fan was there so why not. I cut up a plastic chopping board to use for mounting the controllers added a few switches from jaycar and the job was done.
The first run went ok but I'm not real sure on the PID as I have not used one before and it seem to run at 1-2 degrees under my set target for the mash and 1-2 degrees over on mash out?
Photo.jpg
Photo1.jpg
Photo2.jpg
Photo3.jpg

Inching closer to finally getting my brew rig operational. Mounted the controllers & switches in today & will be getting it wired up on the weekend.
My control box is 300W x 400H x 200D. IP65 rated & solid as a rock. If anyone is looking for a great quality control box, I would give Darren a call or check out his ebay auctions. I payed $148.50 delivered for mine.

Darren Nash

Peekn Services

0448 085 061

DSC_0151-2.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153-1.jpg

Cheers

do you have darrens ebay info mate?

Cheers Razz I will have a look for the Auto Tune Im sure auto tune is switched on straight out of the box, it's a bit hard to follow the instruction as I'm a bit of a TA and purchased an eBay special.

I use a different unit to yours, when the temp is ramping up to the set temp I push the auto tune function so it settles pretty much right on the set temp.

Back