Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic control box mount

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by H@wkeye!, 22/2/19.

1. H@wkeye!

Posted 22/2/19
    Hi all

Been quite a while since last post. I recently moved house and so haven't been able to set up my rig for a while. Finally that is happening. Need to get a decent circuit connected to my garage.

What i'm after is some advice/suggestions on how to mount my control box. The internal garage walls, i simply do not trust. So i'm going to mount my control box directly onto the brew rig frame. This is a Bunnings wired shelf (this one https://www.bunnings.com.au/rack-it-400kg-917-x-530mm-black-upright-shelving_p2760523 i think). Question is how to connect my control box to this so it's close enough for the connections (elements, pumps and temp inputs) but far enough away not to get done by the condensation.

I'm wondering if it is possible to connect a frame to the legs and bolt it on to this. Anyone tried this?

Need to get it done by friday so i can do my first brew in this house on sat/sun.

Thanks
    Hawk

2. Wobbly74

Posted 25/2/19
    Bolt some ply to the back of th frame and use it for mounting stuff? That's what I did with the shelving brackets I bought from the green shed - you can see it up the top left in the attached.

Attached Files:

3. Navin

Posted 27/2/19
    20180619_175750.jpg 20180619_175722.jpg I used a tv elbow mount from bunnings, I can move it around to where I need then out of the when I'm not brewing.

bevan and razz like this.
  4. H@wkeye!

Posted 7/3/19
    Thanks, will do something similar. Gonna get a new frame and mount it to that.