Electronic control box mount

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H@wkeye!

Reaction score
Hi all

Been quite a while since last post. I recently moved house and so haven't been able to set up my rig for a while. Finally that is happening. Need to get a decent circuit connected to my garage.

What i'm after is some advice/suggestions on how to mount my control box. The internal garage walls, i simply do not trust. So i'm going to mount my control box directly onto the brew rig frame. This is a Bunnings wired shelf (this one https://www.bunnings.com.au/rack-it-400kg-917-x-530mm-black-upright-shelving_p2760523 i think). Question is how to connect my control box to this so it's close enough for the connections (elements, pumps and temp inputs) but far enough away not to get done by the condensation.

I'm wondering if it is possible to connect a frame to the legs and bolt it on to this. Anyone tried this?

Need to get it done by friday so i can do my first brew in this house on sat/sun.

Thanks
Hawk

Bolt some ply to the back of th frame and use it for mounting stuff? That's what I did with the shelving brackets I bought from the green shed - you can see it up the top left in the attached.

Attachments

• D56CEE15-DF95-409C-8931-BD6E6C8B2AD6.jpeg
    D56CEE15-DF95-409C-8931-BD6E6C8B2AD6.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 109
20180619_175750.jpg
20180619_175722.jpg
I used a tv elbow mount from bunnings, I can move it around to where I need then out of the when I'm not brewing.

Thanks, will do something similar. Gonna get a new frame and mount it to that.

Latest posts

Back