Comet Mcnaught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic picture! Where did you find that?
it is a fantastic picture so it is definitely worthy of a pass around. it just landed in my inbox as a bulk dropped chain-mail.

Tony, The full moon isn't helping matters at the moment which is why I haven't bothered with updates. But the moon will be rising and setting later and getting dimmer now, only good if your not trying to catch the comet in the mornings. :D

jupiter, that is a brilliant photo! Will be passing it around myself, LOL.
Was a great night too, I watched the fireworks and lightning from Rockingham beach. Could see 5 different fireworks displays at once: Perth, Freo, Hillaries, Armadale and one way way up the coast, was it Joondalup?
The comet was behind me though from that view point.

Simo

EDIT: I just noticed that the Pointers(alpha(Rigel Kent) and beta Centauri) are also visible at far left of the image just below the cloud.
Shame the Southern Cross which is just a little further left of the Pointers wasn't captured.
EDIT#2: And believe it or not, but the bright light right on the horizon to the left of the lightning is the planet Venus!

Back