Co2 Tanks In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claymen

Reaction score
Been chasing a 6kg CO2 tank but seems like the only place that has the size I want (Beertech) doesn't have any in stock and won't for a few weeks at lest (no guarantee either).

Short of renting one or buying a 4.5kg from Brewcraft/Westbrew is there anywhere else I can pick one up?

For reference this is the pricing I have at the moment.

Beertech
2.3kg $250
6.0kg $350

Westbrew/Brewcraft
2.4kg $230
4.5kg $320

I bought mine a year ago from a gas guy for around $150. I think he still advertises in the Quokka.

The chap you want to speak to name is Paul.

Look up 'Cylinder Testing Services' in Belmont in the yellow pages - tell him you are after a fire extinguisher for carbing up beer and he will see you right.

RM

Look up 'Cylinder Testing Services' in Belmont in the yellow pages - tell him you are after a fire extinguisher for carbing up beer and he will see you right.

RM

I did read about using fire extinguishers and wasn't sure about whether that would be good for long term refilling..

I did read about using fire extinguishers and wasn't sure about whether that would be good for long term refilling..

How long are you needing it for Clay? My cylinder would be 20 years old - Its just a tank.

Seriously - they are perfectly fit for purpose and substantially cheaper than most alternatives.

As far as getting them refilled - Paul can help you out there aswell - he likes Beer.

RM

How long are you needing it for Clay? My cylinder would be 20 years old - Its just a tank.

Seriously - they are perfectly fit for purpose and substantially cheaper than most alternatives.

As far as getting them refilled - Paul can help you out there aswell - he likes Beer.

RM

I gave him a call, its outside of his working ours now so just left a message. Will see what he can do come Monday.

RM

Yeah Roger, pretty sure that was the bloke. His workshop was not far from the West Coast Brewers hall

Any issues with getting it refilled?

Haven't had to refill it yet, althogh the reg dial has just hit the red zone so it can't be too far away. At the time he told me he'd be happy to refill it. Don't know about places like BOC.

I recently bought a certified co2 cylinder from Paul for $160 - 3.5kg. It's certified so you could fill it anywhere but he charges $20.

I recently bought a certified co2 cylinder from Paul for $160 - 3.5kg. It's certified so you could fill it anywhere but he charges $20.

I just got in contact with him and will pick one of those up. For $160 it's a great price and although not the 6kg I wanted its still better than renting. I priced up a 6kg rental from BOC and it worked out about $75 just for 3 months.

The last $20.00 refill of my 3.5kg fire extinguisher lasted me just on a year. The year saw 24 kegs and a couple of runs on the CPBF which is a bit of a gas gobbler.

Just picked a 3.5kg extingsher with screw down valve this morning from Paul - good honest service. Paul indicated that he currently now does not have any in stock and was surprised to be fielding calls from SA on this issue.

Very hapy with 3.5kg's and def a better way to go in comparision to a BOC rental.

MWS

Just picked a 3.5kg extingsher with screw down valve this morning from Paul - good honest service. Paul indicated that he currently now does not have any in stock and was surprised to be fielding calls from SA on this issue.

Very hapy with 3.5kg's and def a better way to go in comparision to a BOC rental.

MWS

with screw down valve? fascinating. Do you know anything about the brand of cylinder or valve? I would love to know.

Peter

Hi - attached are two pics of the cylinder and screw down value - it appears to state on the valve DAITO 'TP-30' - which appears correct when i google 'daito co2 valve'.

The cylinder does not have any specific markings to define the type or manufacturer - i am not sure if paul re-sprays the cylinder as a peek out the back - all his cylinders were red!

Cheers

MWS

c02_1.jpg

c02_2.jpg

MWS

That was me calling him! Yeah, he seems like a great bloke, so anyone going to see him, throw a beer his way for being so helpful to homebrewers!

Crundle

I got mine from the same person and looks exactly the same. Works a treat, about to hook up a keg on this rainy day :)

How long did it take him to get one ready to pick up? Also anyone gotthe dimensions for one of these 2.3kg bottles?

How long did it take him to get one ready to pick up? Also anyone gotthe dimensions for one of these 2.3kg bottles?

This is an old thread you've resurrected here Kyle G good searching :p

Interesting enough Ive noticed an add in the Quokka every Thursday for the last few years advertising CO2 gas bottles I think they are in Belmont. Ive been meaning to call him for a while now. Looks like he's converting fire extinguishers to me.

You blokes that bought these in 09 must have had them filled a few times have you ever had any problems getting them filled?

I've had my bottles filled by Paul, no problems at all. Even replaced an a part or two in the valve for nothing. It's a fill while you wait service and you should call in advance to make sure he'll be running the CO2 compressor.

Latest posts

Back