Co2 T-Piece with one keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoetemeyer

Reaction score
Sorry if it's self evident to others, but as a newbie, I'm a bit baffled. I have just set up my new Keg King three tap fridge. After lots of homework and some advice, we decided to install two regulators, so we can have one keg at a different pressure than the other two kegs connected to the second regulator. The hose coming from the second regulator is split using a t-piece (as per the advice of the LHBS). Is it possible to have only one keg connected to the regulator that has the split Co2 line, or do I need some other device or way of turning off the Co2 to the second line? I know I can simply put the one keg in use to the single line, but I would like to understand how this works nonetheless. Thanks

You can just let the other line not connected to a keg just hang there as the co2 will stop in the line at the gas disconnect. Gas can only be released (if no leaks) when the valve in the disconnect is depressed.

You can just let the other line not connected to a keg just hang there as the co2 will stop in the line at the gas disconnect. Gas can only be released (if no leaks) when the valve in the disconnect is depressed.
Thanks. I was hoping and suspected that was the case, but do you think I could find that information anywhere?

No, except here is a very good place to start. Enjoy your brewing and make sure you don’t have any leaks.
What styles do you enjoy?

No, except here is a very good place to start. Enjoy your brewing and make sure you don’t have any leaks.
What styles do you enjoy?

I like many of the IPAs. I have never brewed a beer in my life, yet. I am waiting for my cooling water pump to arrive so that I can get started. I will be starting with a SMaSH (Galaxy/pilsener malt) as my first attempt. I've also been recommended to start with kits and non-grain recipes, but I'm I prefer to start where I want to finish and that is all grain.

Good on you, it’s a fairly big step from a kit brew so make sure your cleaning and sanitisation is spot on. Do that, control your fermentation temperature and you’ll have decent drop. Let us know how you go.

Ps. Will waiting for the pump why not do a kit for one of your kegs so you’ll have something whilst doing the all grain?

Good on you, it’s a fairly big step from a kit brew so make sure your cleaning and sanitisation is spot on. Do that, control your fermentation temperature and you’ll have decent drop. Let us know how you go.

Ps. Will waiting for the pump why not do a kit for one of your kegs so you’ll have something whilst doing the all grain?

The pump is for pumping cooling water through the walls of the Grainfather fermenter to maintain fermentation temp, so I need it regardless of the method.

With a kit you won’t have the high temps of water as with all grain. Hot water to mix can contents, malt or enhance etc. Around say, 3litres of hot water then top up with chilled water to the volume required (23 or 19 litres).

Latest posts

Back