Co2 Refill In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty poor offering - glad I didn't get a KL cylinder!
(You can't have an out of date KL cylinder anyway - they haven't been around long enough.)
What are you on about..10 years within testing date, that's the law. Otherwise it has to be hydrostatically tested. And you would have saved probably $100 on a bottle getting it from them. I don't think you understand what I said. They fill any bottle yeah.. Not pick and choose based on politics..unlike the petty mob up the road.
They'll fill kegsonlegs, boc, supagas bottles and even Keg-King bottles. The most reasonable of any filler I've seen.

Is this offered at KL Bayswater?
Their new spot in Springvale. I was in there picking up a Kegmenter last week. And the guys there said anything that has a type 30 fitting on the bottle and not outside the hydro test stamp, they could fill. They should email out or put on their site that it's available.

Hey guys,

That's correct. We will offer refilling at the following rates:

2.6kg Cylinders - $20
6kg Cylinders - $40

We are just upgrading to a faster pump though as our current pump is really slow so if you can please hold off for about 2 weeks that would be much appreciated.

We do swap cylinders for our own KegLand brand of cylinders.

We will also fill any Australian standard cylinder that is in date and has a current hydro test stamp from an Australian certified test station. So we will pretty much fill anything that we can for you. If it's not one of our own sizes then we will charge a per kg rate.

The per KG rate will be about 20per kg for 1kg or less. But then the price gets much cheaper as you bring in larger gas cylinder. This is essencially to discourage people from bringing in really small cylinders like sodastream cylinders. If you have a sodastream cylinder you should just fill yourself with this device:
https://www.kegland.com.au/sodastream-cylinder-filling-adapter-filling-station-with-bleed-valve.html

With that said if you bring in a large cylinder that is 10kg for instance we will charge you about $7 per kg. So the price gets less as you fill larger cylinders.

The most efficient is to have a KegLand cylinder as these we can swap over and they will be the most efficient for us to fill so the price will be best value.

Latest posts

Back