Co2 Refill In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtmc

Reaction score
Hi,

I've done an extensive search on this forum and haven't had much luck.
Looking to have my gas cylinder refilled in Melbourne CBD or somewhere nearby.
Where can I go?

Thanks.

Hey everyone, any update on recommended C02 refillers in the Melbourne area? I've got a 2.6kg Keg King badboy that needs rejuicing.

EDIT: just noticed that Keg King in Springvale do $25 refills, but cbf'd driving from Resa to Springvale, if it can be avoided - and I thought there may be some other, better options out there?

Dave in greensboroug homebrew does a swap for $30 iirc.

It was only $50 more to buy the 6kg bottle instead of the 2.6kg, places like Supagas will only refill bottles that are 6kg or larger so I bought the bigger one

Still can't find a place to get my little 540g Diemen bottle filled :(

cheers lads... Greensborough is closer to me than Yarraville, I was at Dave's yesterday - should have taken my bottle with me.

It was only $50 more to buy the 6kg bottle instead of the 2.6kg, places like Supagas will only refill bottles that are 6kg or larger so I bought the bigger one

Still can't find a place to get my little 540g Diemen bottle filled :(

How muc a KG do they charge you at Supagas as i got a 6.4kg kegsonlegs bottle i use for force carbing???

I haven't had to refill mine yet, only had it a month or so

I think the guy said around $30 or $40

Update...

For a 2.6kg CO2 refill:

Brewcraft Heidleberg: $45 swap'n'go
Greensborough HB: $30 swap'n'go

Greensborough it is.

Wow. Cost me $50 at KK today to swap my 6.0kg over.

Glad I got the big boy too, force carbing chews through the gas...

that's a better rate, but I can't be arsed heading to Springvale.

I went the 2.6kg option as it sits nice and neat inside my kegerator.

... and it probably won't kill people if you keep it inside the house and get a gas leak. ;)
So is there any good deals around to refill Co2 bottles in east Melbourne or anywhere in Melbourne for a Kegland bottle?

I've done an extensive search on this forum and haven't had much luck.
Looking to have my gas cylinder refilled in Melbourne CBD or somewhere nearby.
Where can I go?

Thanks.

Umm nice necro post 2 quotes no content ???

Anyway I'd guess closeish to CBD you could try Grain and Grape in Yarraville or Brewcraft in Richmond.
Check first to make sure they will fill your gas bottle but I don't see why they wouldn't.

I contacted those guys and they told me they don't supply food grade co2.
Afaik all the CO2 produced is the same.
They can't assure you it's food grade, but just like the Oxy used in welding vs Food grade Oxy it's the same gas - produced most likely by the same people on the same equipment.
And if it's from Supagas like the poster said - then it is the same gas you'd get in your swap bottle at a LHBS.

Latest posts

Back