Co2 Injector

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timryan

Reaction score
Gday Guys,
Ive come across this and im wondering does anyone have much experince with them.. I did a search but only came up with some really old stuff. I know it say it takes 2-5 cartridges to dispense 19L but ive come across webstes that sells larger bottles.. Do these fit?

Im thinking if might be a good way to get into kegging if i can pick up one of these set ups as well as a keg and this Faucet i could get away with a basic keg setup for around $100.. Im happy naturally carb so no need to force...

Any opinions or experince with these pieces of equipment would be great..

Cheers Tim

It's good equipment but more commonly used for party/portable set-ups. There are even less expensive options such as the plastic picnic taps that also work well. The main issue you'll encounter is the cost of bulbs when using it as an everyday system. Of course, this is dependent upon how quickly you are likely to consume a keg.

I don't know about bigger bulbs. I think originally they were 12g but were then changed to the 16g bulb in your link.

If you like paying a bucket load for your CO2 and can live with completely random carbonation results, I think you'd be fine.

What other opinions are out there? with pay rent or buying a Co2 bottle?

If you're careful you can dispense a whole keg with 2 16g cartridges

The picnic tap thing you linked is pretty, but its foam central, unless you reduce the head pressure to virtually nill, which means your keg carbonation will go down.

You really need to have at least a few feet of balancing line, so I would suggest a plastic picnic tap on the end of a metre of thin beer line or some such. then if you lift it up that should provide enough back pressure for a good pour.

I last used the tap and charger at a week long camp with 3 kegs :)

we just rotated the charger/tap to which ever one needed a tap, or charge

sorry for the questions stux.. So were you able to dispense with the charger always attached? did you naturally carb? or force carb with other Co2? Do CB sell the plastic taps? Cheers im very new to the idea of kegging so i need very simple answer haha sorry mate

Buy a CO2 bottle (cheaper than renting after ~2yrs) , buy a reg, live happily ever after, or until your liver fails.

carbonating with bulbs is madness!! you need around 150g co2 for corny keg plus allowance for waste during purging,etc etc.

carbing naturally, yep 1/2 the sugar and leave 3 weeks... then you'll need 2-3 16g bulbs , plus you have to guess how much to inject, so expect pouring issues

complete kit here - http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=315

or buy the charger/QD separately and get picnic tip -http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_17_16&products_id=2043

i tried it with bulbs and seriously it's just too much fluffing around... 2.6kg bottle and a basic reg and i've never looked back !!

I force carb with my normal 6KG mykegsonlegs bottle

I use the charger as a picnic/camping dispense solution and it works great for that

You could get away with naturally carbonating, but I wouldn't suggest using the charger to carbonate

Bronco plastic tap : http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=871

Back