Chuck Hahn Free Beer Tasting Tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Tonight Chuck Hahn is at Liquor on Parade from 5.30 -7.00 hosting tasting of Squires Brews and one "Secret" beer ! :beer:

No Affiliation :excl:

chuck will be at the sydney and melbourne food and wine shows too.

Fight through a bunch of scabs to get a beer, nah I'd rather go somewhere decent and pay for it.

Fight through a bunch of scabs to get a beer, nah I'd rather go somewhere decent and pay for it.

I'm not going because it free or for scabby reasons because I already know what JS beers taste like but to glean some wisdom from the man himself. The tastings at this bottle shop never have crowds that need to be fought through!

So,

Did anyone go???

For the wisdom of course.....

Chuck was very entertaining, the special guest beer was just that Hahn Vienna red (big deal) but there is word of a special release porter aged in Rum barrels with french oak chips end of July.He Wouldn't spill the beans on hop content of Hop Theif or what the "130 year old " ale yeast is.

Rum barrel aged porter, "I'd buy that for a dollar..."

Chuck was very entertaining, the special guest beer was just that Hahn Vienna red (big deal) but there is word of a special release porter aged in Rum barrels with french oak chips end of July.

On the Hills Brewers Guild visit to the Malt Shovel brewery last week we saw the said Rum barrels. Definitely looking forward to that one.

Doc

A few of the Adelaide crew have tried the Rum Barrel Porter last year at a Malt Shovel do.

Very nice IMHO :chug:

C&B
TDA

I was lucky enough to get a taste of the rum barrel porter when Chuck droppped by. It was an excellent drop. At the time they weren't sure if they were going to make it into production. I think the main problem was aquiring enough barrels. If it does make it out the door, do yourself a favour and check it out.

Back