Choosing A Gas Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the only objection to the nasa the noise?

NASAs are VERY loud, they are bloody annoying and ruin an enjoyable experience. I'd much rather listen to a bit of Shine on you crazy diamond than a whooshing hiss for 90 mins anyday.

Vale Richard Wright

cheers

Browndog

Cheers gilbrew & lobo . Im a novice with the gas burner but use have put me right, thanks again

NASAs are VERY loud, they are bloody annoying and ruin an enjoyable experience. I'd much rather listen to a bit of Shine on you crazy diamond than a whooshing hiss for 90 mins anyday.

Vale Richard Wright

cheers

Browndog

Amen....

I have quite a degree of control over my NASA, sure it's loud at full power, but throttled back to roilling speeds it whispers for most of the boil.

cheers

grant

I've got one of these which you can pick up for $149 brand new from ebay.
Probably cheaper second hand.
Brissybrew mash master did stock them but cannot find them on their site at the moment.

I put my 70 Litre Kettle on it and I can balance the kettle on it with out being afraid of knocking it over.
It heats up the hot wort from mid 75 to boil in 15 minutes with out putting it on max.
:)

It is not as noisy as the NASA but not sure of the Mongolian. My 9 kgs gas bottle after 3 brew with 90 min boils is still 1/2 -3/4 full.

High Pressure RAMBO Burner
Model: HPA100LP
Description: High Pressure Burner with Piezo Electric Ignition includes high pressure regulator
Gas Type: Propane
Heat Capacity (Mj/Hr): 49

GAS TYPE: PROPANE GAS (LPG)
OUTDOOR USE ONLY
SELF IGNITION
DIMENSIONS: 480MM L X 140MM H X 310MM W

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=14902

post_1089_1176241523_thumb.jpg

I just bought a spiral burner its really quiet with a good flame origanally i was using a three ring burner

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I just recieved my Italian burner and im in the process of sticking it together. The silver collar i have to attach to the end, does not sit flush. Their is a 4mm gap at the far end. Should i be concerned? Whats to stop the gas from leaking out?
TYVM

The gap is normal, the gas shoots right past the gap and out the nozzles. It's there as an air-intake.

Brissybrew mash master did stock them but cannot find them on their site at the moment.

I put my 70 Litre Kettle on it and I can balance the kettle on it with out being afraid of knocking it over.
It heats up the hot wort from mid 75 to boil in 15 minutes with out putting it on max.

It is not as noisy as the NASA but not sure of the Mongolian. My 9 kgs gas bottle after 3 brew with 90 min boils is still 1/2 -3/4 full.

Description: High Pressure Burner with Piezo Electric Ignition includes high pressure regulator

OUTDOOR USE ONLY
SELF IGNITION

View attachment 21312

+1 i just bought one too......... :beerbang:

OUTDOOR USE ONLY
SELF IGNITION

+ 1 for me too... pick it up on Saturday...

thanks Neville..

The gap is normal, the gas shoots right past the gap and out the nozzles. It's there as an air-intake.

Thanks trevc. Any idea how to get the flame to turn blue? When i turn the flame up it goes yellow and goes up the side of the pot?
And whats the deal with the Med Regulator, do you have it screwed all the way up or down or in the middle when burning?
Thanks

Any idea how to get the flame to turn blue? When i turn the flame up it goes yellow and goes up the side of the pot?
And whats the deal with the Med Regulator, do you have it screwed all the way up or down or in the middle when burning?

I haven't got one, but from your description of the yellow flame, it sounds like too much pressure from the regulator and the combustion area (burmer holes) are not able to get the correct balance of oxygen in the mix. I think the regulator needs to be turned down. Usually regulators are turned down by the screw turning out from the diaphragm or regulator body.

Damian, as you slide that silver vent slide open, the burner will get more air and the gas will burn properly. At the moment it sounds as if you have it closed too much and the flame is running far too rich. Open it up about 10-15mm to begin with and adjust from there.

:lol: I had to ring Beerbelly and ask him why mine burnt the same...Slide it towards the burner so it gets more air...Ahhh...little blue cones of heat. ..
Quicker boil, less gas...no black crap over my boiler.

Thanks guys. I adjusted the air intake to 15mm and it brought 64 litres to the boil in 1 hour (lid on).

OUTDOOR USE ONLY
SELF IGNITION

View attachment 21312

I was shocked today as I went into a local gas shop to see what they had/if any in the way of regulators, burners etc

While I saw the 1,2,3 and 4 ring burners, they also had a Rambo Burner there for $150 with Med Pressure regulator and stainless braided gas hose(quite long aswell).. On my wish list now.. :rolleyes:

Vale Richard Wright

cheers

Browndog

Brewed to floyd today,great tunes for a crazy Marzen on an Italian spiral. :)

Latest posts

Back