Chilling vs No Chill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you chill or no chill after boiling

• Chill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Chill

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have chilled and no chilled. Currently cube and slow chill in the pool. If I brew in the morning I can still pitch that night. Eventually will look at chilling but currently suits my brew day. I like that I can knock out most brews between 3 and 4 hours and pitch the next day. Or the next week/month. A little bit of extra bitterness works in most of the styles I brew.

I mostly chill but sometimes ill No chill. I only No chill malty beers and beers with early hop additions.

slash22000 said:
Right. The oils will continue to isomerise despite the wort being drained into a cube away from any physical hop matter, as long as it's >80ºC.
Alpha acids and perhaps beta acids, but not oils.
Oils degrade or oxidise or evaporate or a combination thereof, resulting in less aroma.

I now only no chill when standing on my left leg when brewing. When brewing while standing on my right leg, I add 33.66% more hops with my left hand, then do a pirouette, and go back to standing on my right leg. This is spot on for brewing this way. It is exactly the perfect and best way to brew, and I'm right and you're all wrong.

I can hop on both legs.

I chill my brews in cubes, no chilling implies that the wort is kept boiling. Adding yeast to boiling wort will kill it and make no beer.

We all chill, just some slower than others and using different mediums to exchange and transfer the heat out of the wort.

Love to see someone make beer without chilling wort.

Cheers,
D80

Latest posts

Back