Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water makes it worse. Just spreads it more and does nothing to help the burn :)

cup of concrete :)

nothing else works.

Wait till you do it with a superhot!

I had the misfortune of experiencing it with a 7 Pod....
I just sat there like a stunned mullet for half an hour, tears pouring out of the offended eye, whilst absorbing all sorts of insensitive remarks from my everloving missus and kids..
Put a few things in perspective , but. I thought I knew what pain was, I'm sure I do now...

Regards

I had the misfortune of experiencing it with a 7 Pod....
I just sat there like a stunned mullet for half an hour, tears pouring out of the offended eye, whilst absorbing all sorts of insensitive remarks from my everloving missus and kids..
Put a few things in perspective , but. I thought I knew what pain was, I'm sure I do now...

Regards

There's no sympathy is there? I've stuck my fingers in my nose and eyes enough after having habs enough to know better :lol: you do start to get used to it after a while... a 7 pod however...no doubt I'll find out about that by accident!

Hey guys. I just stumbled on this thread whilst browsing the latest threads. In the interest of not reading through 42.5 pages of replies, can someone tell me where you get the seeds from for all of these exotic chillis you guys seem to be growing??

I have been growing and enjoying my own herbs and chillis for a few years now, but have only used seeds from my previous years crop to grow more chillis (fairly standard yates type??). I'd love to get my hands on some of these hot hot seeds if someone is able to post some or atleast point me in the right direction!!

Regards

Tyler

Hey guys. I just stumbled on this thread whilst browsing the latest threads. In the interest of not reading through 42.5 pages of replies, can someone tell me where you get the seeds from for all of these exotic chillis you guys seem to be growing??

I have been growing and enjoying my own herbs and chillis for a few years now, but have only used seeds from my previous years crop to grow more chillis (fairly standard yates type??). I'd love to get my hands on some of these hot hot seeds if someone is able to post some or atleast point me in the right direction!!

Regards

Tyler

www.thehippyseedcompany.com An Aussie in NSW sells them all.

Just overwinter your plants mate, they come back bigger and better each year. Like roses they get bigger and stringer year after year. If you have no luck getting fresh seeds from Neil ( Hippy ) let me know and I'll post some to Bhut Jolokias and 7 pots to you. They are a few years old seeds now but should be fine.....

Tony was kind enough to send me a small selection of of super hots which I took one look at and promptly hid them somewhere I could not find them and therefore wouldnt have to eat them - Thanks Tony! I found them again so took one of the Bhut Jolokai down to the Mornington Peninsula Brewery to share with anyone who was silly enough to share with me. Took paper towels so I wouldnt ruin their cutting board, took my own very sharp knife and a latex glove. Matt -the owner - became somewhat disturbed when I put the glove on as it was then he realised this was something to be scared of - no not the glove the chilli!! Some would say I wimped out in fact I might say I wimped out because I cut that chilli in half and then cut a slice off that half and then cut that slice up pretty small. No one would go first so I did (took one of the bigger slices which if Tony was there he would have tut tutted in shame of how small it actually was) and immediately it hit my tongue I felt a little sting of heat a burn that began to grow - then I chewed!

Okay it wasnt murderously hot, it was pretty damned hot and also it had lovely fruity mango, passionfruit, nectarine type flavours which made the heat tolerable - kinda. A couple of people at the bar thought they would have a taste and were duly warned by my good self but still tried much to their dismay! One old lady gave it a go - I warned her - she promptly spat the tiny piece into her hand which freaked me out. I told her to get rid of it and wash her hand and not to touch herself - anywhere - for the next couple of hours. At this point my face was on fire as it seemed I had somehow touched myself in several places even though I had been excruciatingly careful not to. Ash the barman had scratched just under his bottom eye and was in pain and wondering if he could just cut away the burning skin so it would stop hurting, Matt was walking around the brewery with his mouth hanging open - I mean really open think Hippo, hoping to drag enough cool air over his tongue so he might stop sweating and barman michael was drinking more coke than was wise - one can open to drink the other fresh out of the fridge to lick! The pommy guy that tried a bit was on his way out but couldnt seem to stop leaning on the bar you could tell he wanted to order another six beers (all for himself) but he was having trouble getting his mouth to work. Three other blokes and two women that gave all it ago and all seemed friendly prior to trying it seemed to take a fairly heated dislike to me afterwards - I dont exactly know why!?

One thing is for sure - beer sales went up dramatically after the chilli taste test. I suggested to Matt that we chop the rest of the chilli's Tony gave me and dip them in choclate and have them on the bar as free snacks - you would sell a shipload of beers!

So thanks to Tony ten people in Mornington have now tried one of the hottest chilli's in the world and I promise I will man up and try a bigger slice next time - I just dont have any friends left at MPB that want to do it with me!

Ahhhhhhhhh awsome story Merc, pissing myself!

The bhuts are hot but not as hot as the scary red 7's and Raja mirch. but when it comes down to it they all burn like hell.

no shame in a little bit......... to be honest, a little bit hurts just as much as as a lot, just a lot hurts your stomach and your butt more if you swallow it all :)

next to use some in some cooking......... time for a curry!

cheers

www.thehippyseedcompany.com An Aussie in NSW sells them all.
:angry: stupid work internet filter is blocking the site listing it as 'suspicious'. yes hippies are sus but surely their websites arent! :lol:

cheers for the link. will be buying some decent chilli seeds

:angry: stupid work internet filter is blocking the site listing it as 'suspicious'. yes hippies are sus but surely their websites arent! :lol:

cheers for the link. will be buying some decent chilli seeds

we should split some mate - oh and I have some habeneros, jalepenos and thai chillies in the ground at the moment...

HELP! Please!
Just picked and chopped first crop of little fire cracker chillis and rubbed my eye.( Dumb Phuark I know but I'll handle critics latter) !
Best relief advice please.NOW!
Daz

Bit late but best thing you can do is first wash and dry your hands thoroughly, then wash and dry your eye area thoroughly (soap and water both times). Cucumber, milk or yoghurt may then ease the sting but if you don't wash, then you will just keep rubbing the acids around, no matter what you try.

Trust me manticle..... bar removing the top later of skin...... nothing gets these maggahots out of your skin.

SHU, or Scolville Heat Units are measures in big numbers because its a messure of how much water and equal amount of the pure oil from the chilli is detectable in.

so a Jalapino at 2000 SHU means 1ml will be detectable in 2000ml of water. or 2 liters

A 7 pod at 1,000,000 SHU means 1 ml of oil will be detectable in 1,000,000 ml's of water. or 1000 liters of water.

get it on your fingers......... it doesnt wash off!!!!!!

Touch your eye, nose, mouth, man or woman bits, and there is pain to be had for a good 12 hours after touching the chilli.

RESPECT

Bit late but best thing you can do is first wash and dry your hands thoroughly, then wash and dry your eye area thoroughly (soap and water both times). Cucumber, milk or yoghurt may then ease the sting but if you don't wash, then you will just keep rubbing the acids around, no matter what you try.
Manticle, have you had any experience with superhots?? Your advise just doesn't work. bud.......

Touch your eye, nose, mouth, man or woman bits, and there is pain to be had for a good 12 hours after touching the chilli.

RESPECT

Be most careful with woman bits. I used to live in East St Kilda and walk to work each day up Chapel Street to the Como Centre to work. On the way home I'd have beers (loved the drag show at the commercial) and shop for dinner, for stuff I hadn't got at the Vic markets. One grocer had ristas hanging our the front of his shop and I took to a vertical row of them, hung 'em in the kitchen.

On making dinner for Veronica, my new squeeze of the time, we headed back to mine for a night of dinner and paddling the mash. The chillis came out. As we'd had a couple of drinks, she challenged me to eat one while we cooked. No worries, as long as she matched me. We ate them, they were hot, and we sipped wine and she fly sparged my mash. We cooked dinner.

And we burned. Did we ******* burn.

We burned so fiercely at #1 Crimea St, East St Kilda we had to go back to her place for some kind of salve for her lady parts. I was OK. I had a Marlboro and a Sub Zero. Pure class. :lol:

There's only one cure for her condition, she said. I didn't know what to do. She said '...do you really like chillis?'. 'Yep!' I Answered 'What do I have to do?'

She said: 'kisses' :p

yep...... chopped up a heap of superhots on day...... The ladies do not always like 7 Pod flange :)

lappin it up incider :)

Manticle, have you had any experience with superhots?? Your advise just doesn't work. bud.......

My experience is with chillies. It's possible I've never eaten a 'super hot' or rubbed one on my nuts - I just know that without trying to remove the oil from your skin, you will have no hope of soothing it with any other substance. My advice has worked for me and those I've cooked for but admittedly maybe the chillies just weren't crazy enough. I love chilli but have never really explored the SHU aspect - just mild, hot and ******* hot. The advice was offered in regards to general chilli rather than superhot chilli and I know that on a certain level it does work.

I think someone needs to send me some seeds for superhots and growing instructions in return for beer or somesuch.

Any offers gratefully accepted.

yep...... chopped up a heap of superhots on day...... The ladies do not always like 7 Pod flange :)

lappin it up incider :)

Part of me quite enjoyed it! Got my Bhut seeds from the innerwebs, and will plant them this weekend.... can't wait ;)

Going to mow my pumpkin patch down as it's a haven for grasshoppers and they're hammering my chilli plants.

If I could get a load of topsoil for free I'd plant a few sq meters of them!

Mants, do u want to split a few packs with me and Brendo?
I recon 'the world', 'chef' and 'hab' packs. That's $40 or $13 split between us. Unless u blokes want the insane fkn packS (extreme danger or carribean)

Had a kind offer for some seeds posted to me but I'd be in for a split as well to get a few varieties going.

Spread the fire.

:( ... My douglah died

but, Heh, I'm up for a pack of nuclear seeds, and some more douglah seeds to see if I can get another to grow.... :super:

Latest posts

Back