Chest Freezer In Hobart?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfdes

Reaction score
I'm looking for a second hand, cheap chest freezer in the greater Hobart area. It will live in a shed so looks don't matter. But it must be able to hold at least 0 degrees.

Failing that is there a decent secondhand appliance shop in hobart?

MFS.

give me a week or two and I should have a couple.

One chest freezer, lift up lid: 1500W x 700L x 800D at a guess, would hold probably 6 kegs.

And two upright freezers, one of these is mine, frost free 400L jobbies

All three are used to store environmental water samples and hold -17C

lol, small world isnt it, especially in hobart.

Alas no.
I work at UTAS, in harmful algae with Gustaaf Hallegraeff.

Would be nice to have a chemist but my $10,000 a year research budget might not cover it :)

MFS

I have a kelvinator 360L upright frost free freezer to give away. Its fairly old (I don't know how old). Works great holds at least -15C.

I'm in Glenorchy.

Very small world indeed, Glenos I send a few samples your way as well !!

I'm looking for a second hand, cheap chest freezer in the greater Hobart area. It will live in a shed so looks don't matter. But it must be able to hold at least 0 degrees.

Failing that is there a decent secondhand appliance shop in hobart?

MFS.

You guys in TAS have electricity? :p

Hmmm actualy we sell power to the mainland.

Do you guys have water over there??

And contrary to general opinion we're not snowed in every second day of the week... in fact it only happens on tuesdays.

MFS.

I have a kelvinator 360L upright frost free freezer to give away. Its fairly old (I don't know how old). Works great holds at least -15C.

I'm in Glenorchy.

Bump, anyone want it?

If not it will go to eBay or freecycle.

Bump, anyone want it?

If not it will go to eBay or freecycle.

i'd be interested if mfdes doesnt take it.
oh, and to keep the theme going, i work at hobart water. anyone here not related through work somehow??

Hey glenos,

Any news on the chest freezer?

Cheers,

MFS.

I'm in Glenorchy.
This freezer has gone to Joe.

mfdes said:
Hey glenos,

Any news on the chest freezer?

Cheers,
MFS.
Yeah, I've filled it full of samples :eek:

We are really busy at the moment and I've had to fire it up to store some of the overflow. It will take at least a month to clear this lot up, more then a weeks worth of work came in today alone. I am not sure what this means long term whether we will keep it as back-up for this situation???

so for now it is a wait and see, sorry.

Doubt I am.

UTas student and work as a gardener.

Back