Just getting back into brewing looking at building a keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonV

Reaction score
Just getting back into home brewing and I am going to have a crack to kegging this time round, I have never used kegs before so I have a lot to learn
I am just in the process of ordering parts to build my first keezer, I prefer quality gear and would rather spend a few extra $$ upfront than having to upgrade later on and pay for it twice.
I will have the keezer in my living room so space is an issue and need to stick with 200ltr chest freezer
Here is a list of the gear I am looking at using, I choose flow control taps because I will be brewing anything from stout to appleciders not sure if I really need them but I don't want to upgrade later if I do.

Perlick 650SS flow control taps x3
SS long Shanks X3
6kg Gas bottle
Regulator Micro-Matic ( do I need 2 regs one set at higher pressure and a low pressure one I am new to the whole kegging thing )
Misc Items hose, clamps, drip tray, connectors john guest? and anything else I may have missed
Kegs second hand refurb X4
200ltr Westinghouse chest freezer

here is a pick of the layout in the chestfreezer that I am looking at do you think it will work ok?

layout.jpg

I assume you already have the freezer. I was looking at buying a freezer for a conversion and I found quite by accident when messing around that my old freezer I kept dog food and ice etc. in fit four kegs snuggly in the main section pretty sure it is only around 200 litre.

I assume you already have the freezer. I was looking at buying a freezer for a conversion and I found quite by accident when messing around that my old freezer I kept dog food and ice etc. in fit four kegs snuggly in the main section pretty sure it is only around 200 litre.

I ended up buying the freezer new because all the second hand ones in my area were really crap and most were still asking $200, I only picked on 200ltr because its going into the living room and I was limited on space so hopefully it works out should know by the end of the week after all the bits turn up :)

I only use one regulator, have a four way manifold in the freezer and a tee fitted outside in the line going from the gas bottle for force carbing, purging kegs etc. also have a couple disconnects (beer and gas) with push in fittings for this purpose. Do you have a temp control for freezer?

I only use one regulator, have a four way manifold in the freezer and a tee fitted outside in the line going from the gas bottle for force carbing, purging kegs etc. also have a couple disconnects (beer and gas) with push in fittings for this purpose. Do you have a temp control for freezer?
I have a inkbird

You also need to decide if you want a font or mount the taps in the collar..

Latest posts

Back