Cheese And Crackers!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlow_coates

Reaction score
Fuuuuu____uuuck,

,went to the freezer last night to get some ice out, and noticed my frozen bag of last years hop harvest was missing :(

I live with my grandparents (cool hey!), and quizzed my pop who said "There was a bag of green stuff in there. I thought it might be broccoli, threw it out last week" <_<

Have not had a chance to use the hops, so it is all 150gms (dried wt) of my first hops season, and first hops plant.
I was gutted.

Wasn't stored particularly well, so there is no real aroma left, so was going to use it in a lambic as I was pretty sure there were minimal AA's left.

Just wanted to vent,

Marlow
(who is not storing his homegrown hops in anything other than well labelled containers)

You poor, poor man. I'd be gutted if that happened to my first harvest as well.

But what's cheese & crackers got to do with it? :huh: :lol:

Fuuuuu____uuuck,

,went to the freezer last night to get some ice out, and noticed my frozen bag of last years hop harvest was missing :(

I live with my grandparents (cool hey!), and quizzed my pop who said "There was a bag of green stuff in there. I thought it might be broccoli, threw it out last week" <_<

Have not had a chance to use the hops, so it is all 150gms (dried wt) of my first hops season, and first hops plant.
I was gutted.

Wasn't stored particularly well, so there is no real aroma left, so was going to use it in a lambic as I was pretty sure there were minimal AA's left.

Just wanted to vent,

Marlow
(who is not storing his homegrown hops in anything other than well labelled containers)

brocolli? I bet you he thought it was weed, when he realised it couldn't be smoked he then threw it out...

Sorry but thats too funny! Im just glad he didnt cook them up thinking they were some weird kind of brussel sprout.

Do your grandparents allow you to bring chicks home from the pub?

"Cheese and Crackers" is the polite form of "Fu__ck Shi--t C%$$nt B#$%tch"

No issues with chicks when I first got here, as they are fairly hard of hearing. (the folks, not the girls :p )
Steady girlfriend now, and it goes alright.
Been here almost 3 years so no complaints there.

Wish he had tried to cook them up, and realised the error, rather than throwing out. At least there would be some left.

And if you met my grandad you would realise why the weed option is out.
Smoking is just not on here.

Cheers for the commisurations (spelling?)

Marlow

brocolli? I bet you he thought it was weed, when he realised it couldn't be smoked he then threw it out...

Reminds me of a mate who's wife threw out a "Considerably fu$kin large amount" of frozen 'adelaide hops' that was externally wrapped in alfoil, made into nice square blocks. She thought it was old frozen cake!!! :angry:

He won a radio contest when he rang them up for the 'tell us the last reason you cried' segment!! :lol:

Back