• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Water Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barramundi

Mash or be mashed....
Reaction score
hey guys , got a brochure in the mail yesterday if anyone needs water cubes Rays Outdoors in Camperdown and Campbelltown and Boots Great Outdoors in Broadmeadow, Caringbah, Erina, Lidcombe, Penrith and Prospect have 25 ltr water cubes on sale for $10 with a tap included seems the sale is only a one dayer and is on the 22nd February from 8am - 9pm

and for those campers among us there is 26 1/2 % off just about everything in store...

NO AFFILIATION ETC ETC ETC ...

hey guys , got a brochure in the mail yesterday if anyone needs water cubes Rays Outdoors in Camperdown and Campbelltown and Boots Great Outdoors in Broadmeadow, Caringbah, Erina, Lidcombe, Penrith and Prospect have 25 ltr water cubes on sale for $10 with a tap included seems the sale is only a one dayer and is on the 22nd February from 8am - 9pm

and for those campers among us there is 26 1/2 % off just about everything in store...

NO AFFILIATION ETC ETC ETC ...

Thanks Barra,
Once I make sure my parent's scratched old one will fit in the bar fridge, I'll be straight down there!

Pete

Thanks Barra,
Once I make sure my parent's scratched old one will fit in the bar fridge, I'll be straight down there!

Pete

Pete,

FYI. Rays Outdoors has a new shop on Victoria Ave at Castle Hill. It is in the Homemaker Centre next to Bing Lee.

Beers,
DR

Supacheap Auto in Nowra (possibly all stores?) also have the 20L willow ones (look like fuel jerrycans) on sale for $15.

just used my 20 litre jerry for the first time and it holds 23 litres no worrys ;) and a little squeeze just to get the air out.
problem tho, not being round it gets a few bubbles when racking,not enough to worry about tho. Get more bubbles in the siphon hose usually

Saw the blue Willow jerries in the current Super Cheap Auto catalogue for $13.

johnno

Cheapest water cubes you'll get....Free!

Didnt actually occur to me until the other day when I was 'asked' to help my parents out on the weekend in their fish and chip shop. I completely forgot that any half decent takeaway shop orders in food grade washing liquid etc in massive 30L (or bigger) 'cubes'. complete with screw top and tap. Took home 3 empty ones for nix. Will give away most of the ones I continue to get given, when I built up a supply. But for now next time you get your takeaway at the local, ask them if they use big containers of washing liquid etc and if you can have them when they are empty.

:excl: NOTE: check the label, I wouldnt recomend using the containers that have held corrosive liquid. And make sure you give the cubes a good couple of washes to get rid of any residue.

Cheapest water cubes you'll get....Free!

Didnt actually occur to me until the other day when I was 'asked' to help my parents out on the weekend in their fish and chip shop. I completely forgot that any half decent takeaway shop orders in food grade washing liquid etc in massive 30L (or bigger) 'cubes'. complete with screw top and tap. Took home 3 empty ones for nix. Will give away most of the ones I continue to get given, when I built up a supply. But for now next time you get your takeaway at the local, ask them if they use big containers of washing liquid etc and if you can have them when they are empty.

:excl: NOTE: check the label, I wouldnt recomend using the containers that have held corrosive liquid. And make sure you give the cubes a good couple of washes to get rid of any residue.

maybe also run a couple of farmland toucans or lawnmower lagers through em to properly soak up any detergent, before putting a decent brew in em :)

Latest posts

Back