Cheap Lpg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me if you can get the swap and go bottles refilled ( like an old school refill) instead of swapping it for a full one?
Up here the swap's are aroud $7 more than a refill. I have a bottle approaching used by date, but if a swap this for a swap and go, will i be stuck paying more for gas?

Definately no problem - If your bottle is near expiry day, use the swap & go to get a new one & then go back to refills :)

cheers Ross

:beer:
I have been informed by someone in the auto fuel industry that domestic lpg and auto lpg are exactly the same. I personally do not know this for a fact but I tend to believe my source.
Cheers Altstart

i too have heard this from a few auto-gas fitters, and as i said earlier i know a few other people who use autogas in bbqs/crab cookers with no issues. but if you read this or this, it does state they are different (propane vs propane/butane mix).

it's on the internet so it must be correct.

Are the couplings that gas bottle fill stations use publicly available?

I'd like to fill my bbq bottle from the 45kg unit.

tdh

Gas aint all the same and the do burn different

I have a propane torch used to silver solder and I got it refilled at the BBQ shop, it does not have the same flame or heat now as the propane mix... :angry:

And natural gas is different again....you need bigger jets...

A quick bump, any ideas out there?

Are the couplings that gas bottle fill stations use publicly available?

I'd like to fill my bbq bottle from the 45kg unit.

tdh

For those in Adelaide.

Stratco have the 9kg bottles on sale again for $44.95 including the 1st fill. I had my bottles filled this week and they cost $25 each to fill :(

Cheers
Pedro

I once took my bottle to a servo to get refilled.
The attendant said she couldn't leave the counter cos there was no one else there.
She suggested i swap the bottle instead.
I went out to the cage to get one but they were all shitty looking and covered in rust.
I had only recently bought my bottle new, so i left with it empty.
The funny thing was that there was a big sign on the cage stating the condition your bottle needed to be in to be able to swap it. One of those conditions was that there should be no rust on the bottle. :huh:

Anyway, i got my 9kg refilled at Boots Camping on South Road yesterday for $20.

I bought a 9 kg bottle for $28.90 at Bunnings today and got it filled for $22 at BBQ galore.
Though I've got one of those Swappy thingys on the BBQ still.
Hopefully I will never run out on gas when having a BBQ or Brewing.
I just have to finish my brewery now.

Latest posts

Back