Chan 7 Better Homes And Gardens - Home Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzBeer_MD

Reaction score
Chan 7 are about to run an article on better homes and gardens on home brewing..

yup, missed it. sat through 10 minutes of the other bits. Oh the pain.

Some filming was done today in Bris and some side by side tasting, HB, Micro and MILLERS!????

I posted this about 2 weeks ago. its in thier mag

heres the link
at least they got the steriliosation right.

I've got my PVR ready to go on this so I'll try to post it onto utube in the next few days :)
Cheers
Doug

A quick introduction to homebrewing emphasising the cost -40 cents a glass.Made the K&K look very easy.The hardest part was hammering the tops on to the bottles.

those who missed it didn't miss much, however as other have said, any positive article on home brew in the main stream cannot be a bad thing. There certainly was a little touch of mega-swill with the buy-line being all about the money savings and having your mates over, but that's not so bad.

Dangling his hands in the top of the fermenter (over the wort) while he shouted on about brewing and waving the opened yeast sachet seemed a bit laid back, but maybe that's just me.

Apologies for starting the new thread, I wasn't aware of the mag article one.

Anyways off to keg my first ever wheat.

MD

EDIT: Spelling

It was a good entry level intro into the hobby (obsession). The only letdown was that he said you just add sugar but used Dex. Pity they didn't promote brew clubs. There must be hundreds who give it a go and drop out without encouragement

rgds mike

my favorite part was when he said add the yeast and ferment anywhere in between 22 and 30 degrees for a week.

Mind you it is a great way of getting more people involved. My first few batches were fermented at 24- 28 degrees and i thought they were yum :lol: Used to say awww yea this is good LOL.

Its amazing how much you learn if your really interested in brewing.

I wish i could study this much on my tafe courses instead of spending all the time thinking about beer.

Some filming was done today in Bris and some side by side tasting, HB, Micro and MILLERS!????

As in, footage seen on BH&G tonight or you saw a crew shoot for something else coming up?

MD

I nearly choked on my AG when he said that the temp had to be between 22-30*c

Its a sad for brewing when they put crap like that on a popular TV show...

No sense being upset, info is simply what is supplied with the kit. Thats the Rub, forget it.

The challenge for us AHBrs is to reply responsibly to the masive influx of posts from newbs due to the airing if this HB promo.

Screwy

Home brewers are great people,but they get hung up on strange things(i was going to bull sh..t things)but that would be another thread deleted.

How come some are allowed to swear,ascii or other,and other threads are pulled.Does it relate to a business talked about or alluded too?

Home brewers are great people,but they get hung up on strange things(i was going to bull sh..t things)but that would be another thread deleted.

How come some are allowed to swear,ascii or other,and other threads are pulled.Does it relate to a business talked about or alluded too?

Umm, what? :huh:

PZ.

what we really need is a way to get aussiehomebrewer on the first page of google.

then there would be a huge infux of new users i would say.

[edit]

if you search from pages from australia we are though :D

My first few batches were fermented at 24- 28 degrees and i thought they were yum Used to say awww yea this is good LOL.
I am sure that we all remember those days.
Now we are what we used to call "beer snobs" :p , but we are only ever after that ever elusive all quenching ale, oh and a corny keg that never empty's... :lol: :lol: :lol:

what we really need is a way to get aussiehomebrewer on the first page of google.

then there would be a huge infux of new users i would say.

[edit]

if you search from pages from australia we are though :D

This is actually what i do for a living.

By the looks of things, we have done everything in our power needed to get there. External links would help, but its all in the power of the big G

Good one! Noticed the little plug (napkin shot) for the 'Mean Fiddler' that time 'round. I hear its a good pub.

MD

Back