Ceremic Font From Germany

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ross it might be good for you, if i get the insurance money i'll spend it at the craftbrewer!!!!

oooh, bad luck. I reckon they look like celli taps too. It would be great to find a font to fit cellis.

We sell new ones, otherwise most European fonts on ebay should do the trick...

Cheers Ross

It was insured so we'll see how I go

Back to google translate for me(not real good)

lol

Cant Doc , im overseas with the army on the DRY!! 2 beers per day perhaps
Zwickel would be a good contact to help in the translation process :) .
What a sad sight :( .
Good luck
Cheers
Doug

Hi,
Was thinking I might use a old stainless fire extinguisher .
cut the top off about 200mm down for the cap, and use the rest down to the base .
All brass would be nice but I cant think of anything made of brass around that shape and size.

Rich

Hi,
Was thinking I might use a old stainless fire extinguisher .
cut the top off about 200mm down for the cap, and use the rest down to the base .
All brass would be nice but I cant think of anything made of brass around that shape and size.

Rich

Mobrien has a killer thread somewhere where he has made one with a scuba tank. Hella Cool! :D

Edit - did the search with Lucas' cool search thingy

Mobrien Scuba Font

Read it to the end... it's worth it but nearly heartbreaking!

Mobrien has a killer thread somewhere where he has made one with a scuba tank. Hella Cool! :D

Edit - did the search with Lucas' cool search thingy

Mobrien Scuba Font

Read it to the end... it's worth it but nearly heartbreaking!

Cheers Mate B)

thats were I got the idea from , lookn like it might be on the cards.

Does anyone know what this may be worth? I wanted to buy it but the owner is telling me he will sell it for $650.00 is it worth it? :) any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope the attached picture works...

Thanks

DSC06259.JPG

Does anyone know what this may be worth? I wanted to buy it but the owner is telling me he will sell it for $650.00 is it worth it? :) any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope the attached picture works...

Thanks

It's worth what you want to pay for it basically. Would certainly cost a lot more new, though.

+++

...& welcome to the forum.

cheers Ross

It's worth what you want to pay for it basically. Would certainly cost a lot more new, though.

Absolutely right. I expect it's in the ballpark of what he'd get for it on eBay (assuming it's in good working order), so you're not getting ripped off if that's what you mean, but when it comes down to it, it is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

You could get a cheaper font off eBay (3 tap flooded fonts often go for $250-400), but if you want something special, you're going to need to pay a bit more.

If you need some translation into German I can propably help you....

Alex

BTW: "Eine Knigin unter den Bieren" means "A queen among (the) beers".

EDIT: I didn't recognize that the original post was 6 weeks old. Sorry.

Thanks

I'd pay $650 for it.... It's art :lol:

Are you talking about that old fashioned Warsteiner font model? ;) In AUD I would not pay more than 220-280 $ excl. shipping. They are often on eBay here in Germany (also different brands).

Have a look:

Warsteiner 2 lines
Herforder 2 lines
Kpi 2 lines
Bitburger 3 lines
Veltins 4 lines
Bitburger 3 lines in green

Alex

Hey OSS, you mentioned Brass , wot about the old Brass fire extinguisher s , along the lines of Mobrians scuba tank..

They can sometimes be found in secondhand shops , all polished up...

Cheers

You can get a classic used one posted to OZ for under $250, or brand new up to 6 taps for under $500 .

Though I reckon I spent tens hours looking for mine(RIP) and with the people on here that are in germany you wont have to translate yourself like i did. There are some absolutly beatuful fonts in europe. Mine was the same as that but with all brass taps 90euros, I think postage was 60 .

FNQ Bunyip, That is a fine idea mate. I have a few ideas in the pipe line , when im down in sydney in a few weeks I'll do the rounds.

Not trying to steal this topic, but I have been trying to find some of those Celli Globus taps for a long time! Any chance anyone could dig them up on the German eBay? I know about as much German as an ant ;)

Thanks bakker, I had the feeling this was the case, but it doesn't hurt to try! ;)

as on the piccie, one tap included, space for 4

Thanks bakker, I had the feeling this was the case, but it doesn't hurt to try! ;)

You're both right! ;)

Try to contact the seller in advance, because there are only shipping costs shown within Germany. But there's also not said, that he's not going to send it elsewhere.

Alex

EDIT: The font comes with one tap, but mountig screws (or whatever) for the other three taps. And: the item has a micro craze!

Back