Central Coast NSW New to Brewing.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrens

Reaction score
Gidday all, about to get into home brewing after doing alot of research on the net, mainly here. Fantastic site, a wealth of knowledge alot of you guys have!!
Im thinking of starting off with kits and extract . Sound like to me that some great beers can be made starting off this way.
I need some ideas on gear to setup re: fermenters , kegs , what else im basically going to need to get started. Im thinking im going to outlay the cost of a kegerator to start..
Any info would be great. Appreciate your help.
Darren.

Go and see Duane at Country Brewer Toukley. He's not your average Country Brewer franchisee. He can set you up with everything you'll need, including good advice. Kegerator and gas too.

No affiliation, etc.

Welcome aboard the grain train.....brew brew!!

Forget the kegerator they are overpriced and have plastic taps.......no offence emnpaul.

start with a coopers beer kit from Kmart or target for $90 and that will get you your first bit of gear, fermenter and malt/sugar to brew with along with bottles to seal her up when she is ready. If that's not your idea of a start, Duane will help you out, or Bob at the ultimate home brew Gosford can also head you in the right direction.

To be completely honest, if your thinking kegerator already.....buy a fermenter and some coopers PET bottles, some sanitizer, a fresh wort kit and some US05 yeast or even better a liquid yeast and make a beer you will enjoy, far more than a first time extract.

A few things important to brewing

Sanitize
Sanitize
Temperature Control
Sanitize
Sanitize
Know your ingredients
Sanitize

Best of luck, google is your friend, research, ask questions...try it and see what works for you.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help. I will call in and meet Duane at Toukley . Cant wait to get started.....

Duane's closed on Mondays but he's got a pretty good range of kits and stuff.He'll be able to help you out !

Back